• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    I work in Newark and OC very often.

Lately I CC due to a new holster, but I never have had an issue more than some double takes as people walk by.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    I work in Newark and OC very often.

Lately I CC due to a new holster, but I never have had an issue more than some double takes as people walk by.

It must be a recent trend. I grew up in Newark, work there, and visit my Mother who still lives there, and outside of LEO, I've never seen anyone OC. Keep pushing the message, though. I look forward to the day I see someone.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

NormH3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 31, 2011
    Delaware
    It must be a recent trend. I grew up in Newark, work there, and visit my Mother who still lives there, and outside of LEO, I've never seen anyone OC. Keep pushing the message, though. I look forward to the day I see someone.

As suggested before, you should look at the carry logs provided by some members of DELOC. Of all the people there, only one has had an issue or two and that was with Wilmington PD.

This gentleman in particular lives in the Newark area and OC's as often as he can.

http://www.deloc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23

The crime in Newark has been on the increase in the last several years. My youngest daughter was held up at gun point several years ago. It wouldn't surprise me to see more OCing in the future.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    As suggested before, you should look at the carry logs provided by some members of DELOC. Of all the people there, only one has had an issue or two and that was with Wilmington PD.

This gentleman in particular lives in the Newark area and OC's as often as he can.

http://www.deloc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23

The crime in Newark has been on the increase in the last several years. My youngest daughter was held up at gun point several years ago. It wouldn't surprise me to see more OCing in the future.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not discounting what you are saying. It is just I don't see it. I hope that it catches on to a larger extent.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    Are pro gun efforts viable there in terms of improving the laws?

Delaware is on the fence. The mood is still pretty rural and hence good with guns, but the libs are multiplying everyday, hence the recent political shift to the liberal Dems. Ever since the banks move in and brought all of the out of towners, coupled with the two auto plants, full of deer hunters, folded... Better drive a stake now, if you want to hold onto it.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Wow!

I have lived near the DE line for 44 years and have spent probably 2 days per week for the last 20 years working from Wilmington to Delmar and I have never see anyone open carry.

Glad to hear about it though.

NormH3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 31, 2011
    Delaware
    Delaware is on the fence. The mood is still pretty rural and hence good with guns, but the libs are multiplying everyday, hence the recent political shift to the liberal Dems. Ever since the banks move in and brought all of the out of towners, coupled with the two auto plants, full of deer hunters, folded... Better drive a stake now, if you want to hold onto it.

There are still quite a few of us conservatives here in Delaware. The problem is that the voters have become complacent (sp?) and aren't paying attention to who they are electing. Like most places, once a politician gets into office, its hard to find someone to run against him/her.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    There are still quite a few of us conservatives here in Delaware. The problem is that the voters have become complacent (sp?) and aren't paying attention to who they are electing. Like most places, once a politician gets into office, its hard to find someone to run against him/her.

The Governor is now a Democrat, both U.S. Senators? U.S. Representative?New Castle County County Executive - Democrat. Yes, there are still quite a few Republicans, but there is a political shift to the left. Besides, what does it say about not being about to find a replacement for Biden for 40 years. that clown should have never been voted into office to start with. That's not complancency, that's downright dead. :D

NormH3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 31, 2011
    Delaware
    The Governor is now a Democrat, both U.S. Senators? U.S. Representative?New Castle County County Executive - Democrat. Yes, there are still quite a few Republicans, but there is a political shift to the left. Besides, what does it say about not being about to find a replacement for Biden for 40 years. that clown should have never been voted into office to start with. That's not complancency, that's downright dead. :D

Sounds like we still have it better than youse guys... :D

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    Sounds like we still have it better than youse guys... :D

I moved from DE. I was one of the first years that got subjected to Judge Murray Schwartz's 30 year failed experiment, and didn't want my children going through that. With that said, yes, we have crappy gun laws, but your schools suck. I'm actively working on the gun law issue.

In the meantime, I pay half the property tax you do and shop and work in your tax free state - thanks :D

P.S. Wrong state "youse guys" is Joeysy, not Murderland, Hon.

NormH3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 31, 2011
    Delaware
    I moved from DE. I was one of the first years that got subjected to Judge Murray Schwartz's 30 year failed experiment, and didn't want my children going through that. With that said, yes, we have crappy gun laws, but your schools suck. I'm actively working on the gun law issue.

In the meantime, I pay half the property tax you do and shop and work in your tax free state - thanks :D

P.S. Wrong state "youse guys" is Joeysy, not Murderland, Hon.
    You are a few years younger than me then. I was out of school before those shananigans.
    Actually I am one of youse guys..born in Bal'more. I'm saddend that the birthplace of my forefathers (i have dead ancesters all over Baltimore County) has become what it has. As rural as most of maryland is, I'm surprised what has happened there. I appreciate you working and shopping here. Last I heard we did have a few extra pennys in the state coffers.

bfreeder00

Apr 27, 2009
    Delaware/ Iraq
    I live in Delaware and OC all the time with my Kimber. I have had a few people stop to ask me about it, but never been hassled or anything like that. All of the LEO's that have seen me have just smiled and nodded their heads. Most of my experiance with OC has been in Newark/Glasgow area as well as in Smyrna.

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    ill be oc'ing alot in new castle county when i get my holster come xmas i live pretty close to the line, maybe 10 mins straight up 40. have ties in mostly wilmington/elsmere and newark. ill prolly start a thread when i get around to it and basically log what i do and where i go just like they do on the delaware site.this way my maryland shooters brethren can be in the loop on whats happening on the other side of the line w.o having to search the whole wide interwebs.itll be prolly a month or so before i post up the log maybe a lil longer so i can actually participate in my "study" of sorts. ill be carrying a full size px4 in addition with 2 extra mags so ill prolly stick out but we shall see !

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    real quick, can someone please link me where it talks about carrying/transporting loaded long guns in MD? so i can favorite it lol

SSJ

Sep 16, 2011
    MD
    Did you guys read the link to the Delaware gun laws that the second poster posted? It says that your application for a CC or OC are posted in the newspaper?!? Wow. Don't like that.

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    Did you guys read the link to the Delaware gun laws that the second poster posted? It says that your application for a CC or OC are posted in the newspaper?!? Wow. Don't like that.

It's not your application, just a small notification that you are applying for a permit. Look in the news journal, you will see them all the time.

That's also just for Delaware residents that are applying for a CCW permit, if you have one from another state you can carry with no problems, and you don't need any permit to OC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom