• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Yeah, I had been looking forward to this since last year's ended. However, i am sick as a dog with a head cold that just seems to want to make me more and more miserable. My wife has me loaded up with OTC drugs right now and I still feel like crap. Hoping a cup of coffee fixes things. Anyway, I would need a New Year's miracle to make it tomorrow without killing myself in the process, and since miracles are reserved for Christmas, I think I am SOL.

Weather and illness, my two biggest opponents nowadays.

I was banking on taking Fabs' "Clay Birds 101". Now that he is out, I'm up in the air. If someone is willing to give me some pointers on shooting trap, I will be a definite "IN".
    I am pretty inexperienced shooting clays in any style. I am, however, an experienced shooter- including shotguns- and can bring my Auto 5 Light Twelve.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I was banking on taking Fabs' "Clay Birds 101". Now that he is out, I'm up in the air. If someone is willing to give me some pointers on shooting trap, I will be a definite "IN".
    I am pretty inexperienced shooting clays in any style. I am, however, an experienced shooter- including shotguns- and can bring my Auto 5 Light Twelve.

You are more than welcome to stop by and pick up a Beretta semi-auto or two.

Elbows need to be up and out, at almost shoulder level. This isn't like aiming a rifle/pistol at a stationary target. You need to be able to swing the gun and track the target. When you get the muzzle in front of the target, pull the trigger, keep your head down on the stock, and keep swinging. Do not pick your head up off the stock to see if the target breaks. The harder the angle, the more lead you will need on the bird before you pull the trigger. Essentially, the harder the angle, the more you need to wait to pull the trigger after the muzzle has gotten in front of the bird. If you are at station 1, hard right birds will be going straight away from you. Hard left will be screaming. Set your footing so you can break the right bird easily, but still fully swing on the left bird. Foot placement rotates slightly counter clockwise as you progress from station 1 to station 5.

Written test will be given in an hour. lol

I am so sorry I cannot make it, but after having dealt with a sinus infection during Thanksgiving, I really want to avoid that BS at all costs.

Think I am going to crawl back into bed now.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

Not to worry...I’m a noob at trap, too. Never done it but interested to give it a try.

GTOgunner says he is bringing some extra shotties to help us out.

See you all tomorrow.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Looks like I'll break out my multi layer hunting gear. I might look like the Michelin man, but I'll be toasty warm.

See you tomorrow.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Looks like I'll break out my multi layer hunting gear. I might look like the Michelin man, but I'll be toasty warm.

See you tomorrow.

See you all on the line.

Attachments

• B9B045A8-7425-4360-B13D-72F7C93B1FA4.jpg
      B9B045A8-7425-4360-B13D-72F7C93B1FA4.jpg
      54.6 KB · Views: 228

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I am headed over there in a few after a stop for shells. Be there maybe 11:15. My son is staying home. I think he is smarter then his old man.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Boom! Happy New Year with some of my favorite people.

That’s Mr & Mrs GTOgunner, BigCity, Raineman, Lazarus, me and Squaregrouper.

This was a first time out for me and I really enjoyed it.

I was the only first-time trap shooter in the group and it was great to learn from this crew.

Count me in for next year.

Attachments

• 4E12876E-4066-426D-96BF-DE68FCA413FF.jpeg
      4E12876E-4066-426D-96BF-DE68FCA413FF.jpeg
      47.7 KB · Views: 194
    • C62185F9-0A66-4444-9D79-76613DEAA593.jpg
      C62185F9-0A66-4444-9D79-76613DEAA593.jpg
      140 KB · Views: 186

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads