• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    So walmarts new policy will keep the thugs from killing each other in detroit, chicago, and baltimore? Just like taking all the confederate statues down?

Wardove

Jul 23, 2017
    Blairsville, GA
    Buy online, but wait for sales

Check out Sportsman’s Guide, Midway, Midsouth and Natchez Shooters Supply. Wait for the really good sales and/or free shipping deals. Get all you need and you don’t have to buy cases necessarily.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Ammoman.com

Free shipping for orders over $100. Great customer service. Ironically, based in the State of NJ....

Who woulda thunk it?

I bought a ton of ammo from them when I was working overseas. My brother would go pick it up for me at the warehouse, so no shipping charge, and I sent them a copy of my military ID and got a discount for that.

Sadly, they don't allow warehouse pickup any more and I don't think their warehouse is in New Jersey anymore.

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    I bought a ton of ammo from them when I was working overseas. My brother would go pick it up for me at the warehouse, so no shipping charge, and I sent them a copy of my military ID and got a discount for that.

Sadly, they don't allow warehouse pickup any more and I don't think their warehouse is in New Jersey anymore.

I think they moved somewhere in mid America.
    I use to receive orders in 2 days from NJ to Md.
    My last order took 4 days.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Some people think Walmart is the only place to buy ammo. FUDDS

Well it is one of the only places to get ammo at odd hours with no notice. Many times someone says hey can you hunt X tomorrow and I don't have shells for X or I'm headed to shoot with friends and someone says Johnny is bringing his Y gun so I stop by walmart on the way a grab a box of Y bullets and a pack of twizzlers. Its literally the most convenient place around for same day ammo.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    The issue is not really about hunting ammunition...handgun and typical MSR calibers is what Walmart is discontinuing. Traditional hunting rounds aren't being dropped...yet. Their time will come if the antis get their way and Walmart's knees get even shakier.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    The issue is not really about hunting ammunition...handgun and typical MSR calibers is what Walmart is discontinuing. Traditional hunting rounds aren't being dropped...yet. Their time will come if the antis get their way and Walmart's knees get even shakier.

It’s about hunting ammo when someone says can you shoot coyotes with me tomorrow morning.
    You’re foolish (not You MexiBob) if you think Walmart will stop at certain calibers. The antis smell blood and will keep their foot on the gas.
    I needed a stupid little button battery the other day and I was thinking about the easiest place to grab one. Let’s see CVS is on my way but nope screw them they went no open carry. OK Walgreens isn’t far oh wait same deal with them. No worries Harris Teeter is in the same shopping center, crap they’re owned by Kroger. I literally had this conversation in my mind over a $3 battery for my meat thermometer.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I think they moved somewhere in mid America.
    I use to receive orders in 2 days from NJ to Md.
    My last order took 4 days.

Their mailing address is in New Hampshire but all their phone and fax numbers still have an 856 area code, which is South Jersey. I wonder if their office and shipping locations are in different states?

My brother said it looked like they shared warehouse space when he went to pick ammo up for me.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Well it is one of the only places to get ammo at odd hours with no notice. Many times someone says hey can you hunt X tomorrow and I don't have shells for X or I'm headed to shoot with friends and someone says Johnny is bringing his Y gun so I stop by walmart on the way a grab a box of Y bullets and a pack of twizzlers. Its literally the most convenient place around for same day ammo.

Or when you live in Maryland and travel to Delaware to shoot an IDPA match and realize after you've gotten there that you remembered everything, except your ammo, and need a few hundred rounds of 9mm at 7pm the night before a match on the Eastern Shore.

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    I’m traveling this week and most of next. I checked the Wallyworld in Pittsburg, KS and they have more handgun ammo than you can shake a stick at.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    This is my LGS...about a mile or so down the street from the Malwart in Fallston :patriot:
    70092368_3780846685274908_5628311224136499200_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom