• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    The Order is attached.

Maryland Shall issue survived a important stage of the proceedings this week. Basically the judge said that their arguments had some merit and the Court needs to get some evidence to decide how to rule.

Attachments

• Maryland HQL Memorandum and Order re Dismissal.pdf
      95.9 KB · Views: 306

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The Order is attached.

Maryland Shooters survived a important stage of the proceedings this week. Basically the judge said that their arguments had some merit and the Court needs to get some evidence to decide how to rule.

That's Maryland Shall Issue, a completely different entity that Maryland Shooters.

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    That's Maryland Shall Issue, a completely different entity that Maryland Shooters.

MDShooters = online community of like minded individuals
    Maryland Shall Issue = volunteer group attempting to overturn MD's unconstitutional gun laws

There is lots of overlap, but they are distinct entities.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    MDShooters = online community of like minded individuals
    Maryland Shall Issue = volunteer group attempting to overturn MD's unconstitutional gun laws

There is lots of overlap, but they are distinct entities.

:)

(by humorist Demetri Martin ...)

Attachments

• Venn Squash.jpg
      Venn Squash.jpg
      33.7 KB · Views: 1,551

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Shameless Promotion

On a serious note -

This is the time for an MSI Money Bomb. Both sides are entering the Discovery Phase. This will require finding people who have been harmed by the HQL requirement, and obtaining transcripts. The latter requires a BUNCH OF CASH for lawyers, paralegals, etc. Hence, the need for a MONEY BOMB. Frosh has the entire state treasury at his disposal; we don't. And a favorable final outcome is far from a sure thing. So roll on over to MSI and pitch in a few bucks.

MSI is especially on the lookout for plaintiffs in Baltimore City. If you know anyone (MSI member or not; excluding gang bangers), get them to step up. They probably will only have to give a deposition; I'm told plaintiffs rarely are called to testify.

https://www.marylandshallissue.org

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    On a serious note -

This is the time for an MSI Money Bomb. Both sides are entering the Discovery Phase. This will require finding people who have been harmed by the HQL requirement, and obtaining transcripts. The latter requires a BUNCH OF CASH for lawyers, paralegals, etc. Hence, the need for a MONEY BOMB. Frosh has the entire state treasury at his disposal; we don't. And a favorable final outcome is far from a sure thing. So roll on over to MSI and pitch in a few bucks.

MSI is especially on the lookout for plaintiffs in Baltimore City. If you know anyone (MSI member or not; excluding gang bangers), get them to step up. They probably will only have to give a deposition; I'm told plaintiffs rarely are called to testify.

https://www.marylandshallissue.org

DONE !!!

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

Thanks! Seriously, for purposes of the HQL suit, the ideal MSI member would be a law abiding (non-disqualified) inner city Baltimore resident who does not possess currently a handgun, but who does not drive (or have a car) and is poor and does not have an internet connection. But, I will happily settle for any subset of these variables.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Thanks! Seriously, for purposes of the HQL suit, the ideal MSI member would be a law abiding (non-disqualified) inner city Baltimore resident who does not possess currently a handgun, but who does not drive (or have a car) and is poor and does not have an internet connection. But, I will happily settle for any subset of these variables.

I don't think I meet ANY subset of those ... :innocent0

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    On a serious note -

In all seriousness, I 'spect if you went door-to-door through the poorer streets of Baltimore asking people to sign-up, most would (those who don't're either felons (with guns) or anti-American, Muslim-leaning Bolshie ninnies that're at the root of the problem).

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Probably some in battered women's shelters and/or receiving aid from churches or social welfare organizations. Also, weren't there a couple of groups who were trying to help arm inner city women in Baltimore for self defense? Does NRA have any leads?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    All the MDS members should think about any older aunt, uncle, grandparent, etc. because that is where you will likely find the kind of plaintiff that meets most of the criteria for the MSI law suite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom