• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Of my odd knife behaviors, I have one knife that I always make sure to have on me for important life moments. I originally got it to carry at my wedding, but then it was in my pocket when my first son was born, when he got baptised, when my second son was born, and when he got baptised just recently. Whenever there's some important moment, I want this specific knife with me to share in it and, I guess, adsorb some of the memories.

I occasionally carry it, but not super often, since it is important and I don't want something to happen to it. Typically the PMII or contego come with me instead.

So anyone else have a special knife they like to have there as a companion to special events, or is this just a weird smokey behavior?

20170816_144502.jpg

20170816_144438.jpg

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Every jobs I've ever applied for wearing my father's watch I've gotten. I've also been offered jobs wearing it. I'd tote my dad's knife but it's a cheap Paki copy and goes on a belt sheath. It does go camping with me. Oh and his machete is next to the door for good luck.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    my sentimental knife is one I bought in Canada while on a 2 week camping/canoeing trip with the scouts and my dad back in the 70's. I bought it in some trading post in a park in Canada. it's not fancy, was not expensive, but every time I hold it I remember that trip. we went for over a week without seeing another human being outside of our group.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    I feel that way about one of my NAA revolvers. It goes everywhere with me like a challenge coin. It was my first big middle finger to Maryland since they are banned.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I have some really old knives from my childhood, most were given to me by family members; hand-me-downs. I don't carry them, but I have fond memories of them and a few stories about them.

I do have a couple knives that I carried during most of my career, amazing they are still serviceable. Since joining this forum and a few related groups I've grown an affinity for knives and now usually carry one, all tools, all get used, but none I carry in rotation have any real meaning to me.

cb51

I feel that way about one of my NAA revolvers. It goes everywhere with me like a challenge coin. It was my first big middle finger to Maryland since they are banned.

I can identify with that.

This little gun has been with me ever since I bought it at Atlantic gun shop in the mid 80's, before the ban. It's been with me almost every single day, and it's finish is a little beat up from all the carry. My finger to the peoples republik of marylandistan. Twice it's presence saved my butt. A third time it was fired into the ground in front of a would be attacker. He got instant religionand dropped the Buck knife he was waving aorund. Now living in Texas for the past year and a half, it's been legal for me to have it wit me when any other firearm would have been inconvenient. The grips have since been replaced with the black rubber slip on Hogues. The little Swiss Army knife is my favorite, and it's away on my keyring in a leather pouch sheath. I never leave home without these two old friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom