• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sack

Dec 17, 2014
    WV
    Here are the pictures that Bigcity was trying to post.

Attachments

• SKS.jpg
      SKS.jpg
      48.3 KB · Views: 160
    • sks1.jpg
      sks1.jpg
      34.9 KB · Views: 172
    • sks2.jpg
      sks2.jpg
      38.4 KB · Views: 175
    • sks3.jpg
      sks3.jpg
      64.9 KB · Views: 173
    • sks4.jpg
      sks4.jpg
      49.4 KB · Views: 169

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    They are nowhere near the quality of the Russian and Chinese (Sino-Soviet) military versions. Based on the details the OP provided so far, I wouldn't pay more than $200 for it. Personally, I wouldn't buy it at all. They have no appeal to me compared to the Russians and Sino-Soviets in my collection.

You can't buy a like new Norinco SKS With or without the bayonet (replacement bayonets are less than $25 delivered.) for $200 anywhere , anymore or for a long time now. Many of the SKS rifles used in Vietnam war were not the older Sino-Soviet SKS rifles they were newer made with spike bayonets.

A very small portion of the huge SKS cache that B/5-12 would uncover on 21 June 1970.

Attachments

• 1138088.jpg
      1138088.jpg
      96.6 KB · Views: 147

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    You can't buy a like new Norinco SKS With or without the bayonet (replacement bayonets are less than $25 delivered.) for $200 anywhere , anymore or for a long time now. Many of the SKS rifles used in Vietnam war were not the older Sino-Soviet SKS rifles they were newer made with spike bayonets.

A very small portion of the huge SKS cache that B/5-12 would uncover on 21 June 1970.

Makes no difference to me what somebody else is willing to pay for a generic, commercial SKS sans bayonet. Sight unseen (no pictures posted yet), I told the OP what I might pay, considering the alternatives I've acquired recently. Now that the OP has posted pictures, my opinion remains much the same.

I'll ask you this. How much would you pay for that rifle when I've recently bought #s matching Sino-Soviets in good shape for $300 each and some unissued, unfired, #s matching Russians in pristine condition for $550 each? Just a matter of patience and perseverance to find them.

Straightbolt

Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    Makes no difference to me what somebody else is willing to pay for a generic, commercial SKS sans bayonet. Sight unseen (no pictures posted yet), I told the OP what I might pay, considering the alternatives I've acquired recently. Now that the OP has posted pictures, my opinion remains much the same.

I'll ask you this. How much would you pay for that rifle when I've recently bought #s matching Sino-Soviets in good shape for $300 each and some unissued, unfired, #s matching Russians in pristine condition for $550 each? Just a matter of patience and perseverance to find them.

Makes no difference what you want to pay it only matters what it would sell for in today's market as the OP's original question.
    I sold a similar SKS only 3 months ago for $400 on this very forum to a member here so I don't speak in what if's or maybe could of , only in my personal expierience here. :thumbsup: Your mileage may vary.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Makes no difference what you want to pay it only matters what it would sell for in today's market as the OP's original question.
    I sold a similar SKS only 3 months ago for $400 on this very forum to a member here so I don't speak in what if's or maybe could of , only in my personal expierience here. :thumbsup: Your mileage may vary.

My point is to simply to let the OP know they are other affordable options out there if he takes his time and looks around. No need for him to buy it just because his buddy is selling it if he'd rather have a collectible instead. He has to decide for himself.

On a related note, a guy at the last Frederick show was selling a neglected Yugo SKS for $600. Would I buy it? No way. But somebody might. As always, buyer beware.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Because MD is a No AK state I would say that Norinco SKS is $325- $400 if put in the MDS classifieds. Post for $200 and it would sell in hours. Thus under priced IMO
    $350 should sell quickly. Some people who just want a shooter would be the one to buy it. Not a C&R holder, not likely a collector.

Straightbolt

Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    My point is to simply to let the OP know they are other affordable options out there if he takes his time and looks around. No need for him to buy it just because his buddy is selling it if he'd rather have a collectible instead. He has to decide for himself.

On a related note, a guy at the last Frederick show was selling a neglected Yugo SKS for $600. Would I buy it? No way. But somebody might. As always, buyer beware.

The OP is not looking to buy.
    Please read OP.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I like mine that I paid $79 for many years ago. Fun accurate gun. Have seen the same type in a few LGS for $400 and up.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Boom Boom,
    I was not trying to buy it but just putting out the question of the value.

Got it. I thought you were interested in it. Tell him to ask for $400 and take the best offer. If somebody offers $350, he should take it. Most buyers won't know the difference between collectible or not, if they even care.

Straightbolt

Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    All SKS rifles have climbed in price.
    Those of us who bought up Albanian SKS rifles when they were well under $250 in all matching Very good-excellent condition know this well :D
    Just wish I didn't stop at 6 Albanians back then :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom