• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Hogan says he supports the 2A. Believes in right to get a permit. He wants to make it easier, but says he's bound by the law.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    clearly, some education is needed here. unbelievable.

Even still -- he just told WBAL listeners that 95% are approved; therefore, here's to hoping more folks apply.

The majority of us haven't bothered to apply because we know the process and the burdens it incurs. Let's see how many get a dose of angry reality.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    I don't ever see Maryland making carry any easier. I think it gives the dems a giant hard on to control the people of this state. The state should really be split in two (it would never happen) due to the polar opposite thinking within it. Just connect the leftist counties to DC and make everyone happy.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I almost drove off the road this morning when Hogan said "95% of all people that applied have gotten their permits, and of the 5% that didn't half turned out to be prohibited persons, and the other half of the 5% just didn't fill out the forms correctly."

I wish I was kidding. Does he really believe that? WTH?

On second thought, I didn't get a permit, and I am not prohibited. So getting this resolved should be as easy as figuring out which "i" I failed to dot, or which "t" I failed to cross! Yeah, I feel a lot better now! :sad20:

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    I sent C4 this email - we will see if he responds:

"C4 do you think the Governor actually believe that 95% of all people who apply for carry permits gets one? That number is totally ridiculous, permits are being denied left and right for lack of Good and Substantial reason. If anybody gets a permit right now, is it by pulling the MSP kicking and screaming through the denial appeals process. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and he might have thought that number was for approval of firearms purchases, but it is certainly not the number of permits approved. The Governor is either completely uninformed about the subject of carry permits, or he was intentionally misleading and possibly untruthful in his response to the question on your show, and that 95% number should have been the subject of a follow up question. "

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I sent C4 this email - we will see if he responds:

"C4 do you think the Governor actually believe that 95% of all people who apply for carry permits gets one? That number is totally ridiculous, permits are being denied left and right for lack of Good and Substantial reason. If anybody gets a permit right now, is it by pulling the MSP kicking and screaming through the denial appeals process. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and he might have thought that number was for approval of firearms purchases, but it is certainly not the number of permits approved. The Governor is either completely uninformed about the subject of carry permits, or he was intentionally misleading and possibly untruthful in his response to the question on your show, and that 95% number should have been the subject of a follow up question. "

The 95% is probably accurate in the sense that people just are not applying because the process is excruciating (by design).

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Please tell me someone, anyone, has the ability to rip the interview and save it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom