• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I know the flatlanders are bracing themselves for a little snow, but as we know it's a common event out here in Garrett County. Heck, when even old Rooter the beagle hauls her wart out into the snow to play, we know it won't be anything out of the ordinary. Other beagles prefer a ruggy up inside where it's warm. Dayum beagles!

It'll be VERY cold and slippery out there tomorrow...Stay safe!

:)

Attachments

• Rooter snow.jpg
      Rooter snow.jpg
      44 KB · Views: 722
    • DSC00816.jpg
      DSC00816.jpg
      80.8 KB · Views: 737
    • DSC00814.jpg
      DSC00814.jpg
      49.7 KB · Views: 735

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Flatlander here, I'm among the few who're not afraid of a little snow. I welcome the white blanket and brisk north winds. The only thing that worries me about a substantial snowfall (which this is not) - are the other idiot drivers. I swear, you'd think it's the end of the damned world!

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Garrett County bitching about snow.....ya'll must have never been to Estes Park during the winter. Ive lost a Tauntaun EVERY year out there! Frozen solid before I reach the first marker.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    it's fun for stoney....even if he's gotta wear that coat thing jenni got for him...
    IMAG3736.jpg

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    It's Gonna Get Even Colder...

We all know weather forecasts are rarely right, but ya never know...:innocent0

Just in case, my weekend chores include staging plenty of firewood and having the generator ready at a moment's notice. I'll also try to teach beagles to not lick anything made of metal - good luck on that...:banghead:

In 15 years of Garrett County life, I've never seen a forecast this cold. From the NWS tonight:

Monday Night: Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow showers. Blustery and much colder with lows around 15 below. Wind chill values as low as 40 below.

Tuesday and Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy. Cold. Highs around zero. Lows around zero. Wind chill values as low as 40 below.

Where is that global warming they promised?...Bundle up, boys and girls!

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I'm trying to remember the year, 82 or 83, sometime in January it was -25F for a high and we had a windchill of -99F. We had one vehicle that would start and it ran for 24 straight hours.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    These temps are crazy! Its the first time I've ever seen anything below 0 degrees in the Frederick forecast.

I drained a few water lines in my crawl space just in case and came up with a plan to re route them in case "they" are wrong about global warming and it gets cold again in the future.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    After seeing what my sister in MN is in for, I'm not complaining. Their HIGH on Sunday will be -19F.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388807506.853108.jpg

Scratched onto a piece of slate and carried by specially trained prehistoric birds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom