• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Ruger is finally introducing the RPR in magnum calibers, .300 Win Mag and .338 Lapua Mag. At least that’s what their website says. There’s a YouTube video of it too. Really looking forward to this. No word on availability yet, and keep in mind they introduced the Ruger Hawkeye Long Range .300 Win Mag sometime in Fall 2017, and they weren’t available until this August or September. We may have to wait a while, but I’m thinking it will be worth it.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    hahaha

Would have been better had I never seen this post. Just checked out Ruger's website. Was contemplating one, and now I am really contemplating one in .338 Lapua. SOB This can lead to divorce.

Ruger making them like iPhones. They get you to buy new ones every 6 months. Must--Resist--Temptation!!!!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Ruger making them like iPhones. They get you to buy new ones every 6 months. Must--Resist--Temptation!!!!

Yeah, seems like they change something up and call it a newer version and then add a cartridge here and there to the lineup on top of it. All of my rifles are Ruger except for the AR's, so I will probably get one of these at some point. Have to get through this house purchase BS first, and then I can buy more guns without worry of divorce. I jest. My wife wouldn't divorce me over this, but she wouldn't be cooking me lobster tail and filet mignon either.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Would have been better had I never seen this post. Just checked out Ruger's website. Was contemplating one, and now I am really contemplating one in .338 Lapua. SOB This can lead to divorce.

buy stock in a facial tissue company...338 LM, cause tears will
    come on every trigger pull unless you reload or one of them lottery
    "scratch machines" that takes folding money. don't forget some good
    glass, S&B, US Optics, NF, seriously its a fun round to shoot and reload
    if you don't already have one...

-Rock

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    And so it happened....

Cerakote OD Green by Hanover Armory (thanks Connor). Nightforce NXS 8-32 x56, Badger Ordnance Max-50 Ultra High rings, Accu-Shot monopod. No idea yet what bipod I want yet, soon as that’s sorted I’ll hit the range and see how many folks I can get to hate me at the same time in one day (that brake is HUGE). I’ll also try to get some better pics, hasty cell phone pic leaves a bit to desire.

Attachments

• FF83A65F-ED11-4EB3-8BC6-F7B318DBF25A.jpg
      FF83A65F-ED11-4EB3-8BC6-F7B318DBF25A.jpg
      49.7 KB · Views: 639

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    And so it happened....

Cerakote OD Green by Hanover Armory (thanks Connor). Nightforce NXS 8-32 x56, Badger Ordnance Max-50 Ultra High rings, Accu-Shot monopod. No idea yet what bipod I want yet, soon as that’s sorted I’ll hit the range and see how many folks I can get to hate me at the same time in one day (that brake is HUGE). I’ll also try to get some better pics, hasty cell phone pic leaves a bit to desire.

Looking good! I was amazed how soft-shooting they are. Granted, they are hefty and the brake is massive, but still surprised me.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    And so it happened....

.300 Win Mag or .338 Lapua?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I am so happy to see it in .300 Win Mag and .338 Lapua. If you had anything to do with that, thank you. Just need to rob a bank so I can get one in 6.5, 308, and 338, along with the scopes.

I say start with 338LM and work your way back.

I say this selfishly as I am sure I can talk you in to letting me shoot it one time :D

If you do, IMI 338LM seems pretty reasonably priced. Midway has been carrying it at about $2 a round. Not sure if they are out right now or not.

I’ve been eyeing an RPR in 6.5CM to complement an AR-10 build in 6.5CM.

But you know the story. If it ever happens I’ll be lucky if I accomplish that in a decade. I might get one of my AR-10 lowers built out in to a .308 platform to comportment my Sako Forester in .308...

before the littlest one is out of ES.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I am so happy to see it in .300 Win Mag and .338 Lapua. If you had anything to do with that, thank you. Just need to rob a bank so I can get one in 6.5, 308, and 338, along with the scopes.

When I jury tested the guns, I actually remembered a post you made a while back about wanting these to happen. While we move a little slower than I would like sometimes, it’s always fun to see products make it to the market people want to see.

I’m seeing a 6.5 CM in my future... If you are seriously considering an RPR in any caliber, reach out to me. I may be able to help out a little bit (no promises).

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Where do you shoot one of these? Longest range in Md I know of is Ft Meade and that’s only 600yds. Even on border states maybe 1000-1300. I can do that with my 308. Nice rifles though, I’d probably get one if I had a place to stretch it out.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I say start with 338LM and work your way back.

I say this selfishly as I am sure I can talk you in to letting me shoot it one time :D

If you do, IMI 338LM seems pretty reasonably priced. Midway has been carrying it at about $2 a round. Not sure if they are out right now or not.

I’ve been eyeing an RPR in 6.5CM to complement an AR-10 build in 6.5CM.

But you know the story. If it ever happens I’ll be lucky if I accomplish that in a decade. I might get one of my AR-10 lowers built out in to a .308 platform to comportment my Sako Forester in .308...

before the littlest one is out of ES.

I am laughing a couple times over from that post.

My entire debate is .338 Lapua or 6.5. I already have a Ruger 77MKII in .300 Win Mag, so might as well go with something else. No need to compliment one bolt gun with another in the same cartridge.

My issue is finding the time to shoot anything, or even to go hunting. Was going to go goose hunting the other day, but it is tough to go without my son and he has been trying to get caught up in math since he missed a couple days going to Disney World. This father stuff and a conscience can get in the way of things sometimes. He has been bugging the heck out of me to go hunting, but my wife would kill me if I took him hunting and he got a B in math.

Which cartridge to pick might come down to a dice roll. Can always go with 6.5 in an AR, not so much .338 Lapua. My brother wants a 6.5 Creedmoor gun and we were texting back and forth the other night about it. Sent him a YouTube video of the RPR and now he is talking about doing a bulk buy from South Carroll. lol

Whichever cartridge I get it in, I would be reloading for it, so a little cheaper than $2 a round for Lapua. 6.5 would be even cheaper.

If I get the .338, no doubt you will be able to shoot it, and more than once. lol I would just need to find time to get to the range with you.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Here is my semi auto 338 LM and Ruger RPR in 338

Who makes the .338 semi? I've looked into it and bookmarked a couple manufacturers. Think they are ridiculously expensive, even compared to a RPR in 338, and I know for sure they are not something I can build with my AR-10 lowers.

I've looked at an AR in .300 Win Mag and .338 Lapua. Not sure I would really want either of them any time soon , but they would be cool to own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom