• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    My First LWRC - Thanks Engage Armaments

Hello. I just got my first LWRC the other day. I was very close to pulling the trigger on a REPR, but couldn't get past the cost of practicing with .308, especially after laying out $3500 or more on the REPR. Perhaps I'll get a SCAR-17s soon. The savings over the REPR will allow me to buy a hell of a lot of ammo to practice with.

Anyway, I bought a LWRC IC Enhanced in Flat Dark Earth cerakote. I have other ARs, with my Daniel Defense M4 V1 being my favorite up until now. I took the gun to Fairfax, so I wasn't able to really check its accuracy. Both the DDM4 and LWRC were pinpoint accurate out to 50 yards. I used an Aimpoint on my DDM4 and an ACOG on the LWRC.

The LWRC felt lighter, although I have more mounted on my DDM4. Both guns absorb any recoil that the 5.56 delivers. It felt like I was shooting .22 rifles. Both guns operated without a hiccup on AE 5.56.

The biggest difference was that my DDM4 was filthy after shooting 150 rounds, while the LWRC's BCG was no worse for the wear. Wow! I can get used to this piston stuff.

My impression on the LWRC IC Enhanced is that it is really well made. The Cerakote was perfect. All the internals look machined perfectly. I mounted an ACOG on it and then added a Daniel Defense vertical fore-grip on it. I don't think I'll add anything else, as it feels perfect to me.

My DDM4 holds 1 MOA out to 300yds, which is the furthest I've ever shot. While I've yet to test its accuracy out to 300yds, I have a feeling this LWRC has become my go to rifle now.

Long range trip to follow.

Attachments

• His and Hers IMG_1143.jpg
      His and Hers IMG_1143.jpg
      87.6 KB · Views: 600

K-9COPPER

Aug 12, 2012
    Catonsville, MD
    Nice rifles man and great setup! I need to get my hands on a piston operated rifle.... I Was also looking into getting a SCAR 17s soon. On the prowl to see what's out there.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    Nice rifles man and great setup! I need to get my hands on a piston operated rifle.... I Was also looking into getting a SCAR 17s soon. On the prowl to see what's out there.

Yeah, I saw them for $2850+tax. That will probably be my next buy. I don't know if I'll ever by another gas impingement rifle again.

thai

May 8, 2013
    Welcome to the club. I am really fond of LWRCIs. The fit and finish of their rifle are second to none. I think they are pretty much on top as far as Pistons are concerned. They sure do make some of the purtiest rifles to boot!

Here are my two with Acog and Aimpoint M4s. They both have Surefire M620 Scouts.

Attachments

• 20141102_234358.jpg
      20141102_234358.jpg
      71.6 KB · Views: 380

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i have the lwrc m6a3 DMR (18" barrel, 2 stage geissele trigger, adj gas). absolutely zero malfs over a variety of 2 gun and 3 gun matches. chamber definitely cleans easier than DI guns, but it still gets dirty. I'm getting ready to sell it, but only because I want a longer handguard and prefer a smoother, narrower handguard and not the full rail system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom