• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Preferred w/e for Sept AACo Meetup?

• Total voters

Mr H

Banana'd
    Yoshi-Inspired Fall AACo Meetup

What weekend in September would those willing to attend a weekend meetup (whether BBQ or Pot-Luck) prefer?

I think we're most available the w/e of the 8th... and Pot-Luck would be fine

Last edited:

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Is this in regards to the present thread on the next AA county get together, or in addition to-just later down the road?

OldSchool1959

MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    Nice work on the poll Mr. H. I'm going to offer up 25 lbs. of pulled pork as an incentive to get all of the fence sitters out for this bash. I say we cut the poll off on August 10th so that we have time to make the preparations. I also suggest that we open it up (I think it's just in the WC thread but NOT in the Central MD area) to our central MD brothers and sisters as well as any of the other regions if they can make it.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Nice work on the poll Mr. H. I'm going to offer up 25 lbs. of pulled pork as an incentive to get all of the fence sitters out for this bash. I say we cut the poll off on August 10th so that we have time to make the preparations. I also suggest that we open it up (I think it's just in the WC thread but NOT in the Central MD area) to our central MD brothers and sisters as well as any of the other regions if they can make it.

That's why I posted the poll in Cent MD, rather than WC, so noobs and anti-WC folk can chime in as well.

And I'm sure your generous offer will be well-received!

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    I would say either the 1st or last weekend in September. Cannot do the 15th or 16th at all. Taking the Boy Scout troop out to Camp Henson for some rifle and shotgun shooting followed by model rocket launching. Also the 8th is my B-day.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I may be off-base, but I think most people tend to prefer the quick hit happy hours as opposed to the larger get-togethers.
    People can show up when it's convenient and leave whenever-without having to invest the whole day.
    Again, I may be wrong, but it's just what I've noticed over several years and different types of forums.

I wish you guys good luck with this. I'm out of town from mid-August through mid-November, so no day will be good for me :D

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I agree with h2u. Hard to pony up a precious weekend day off for a whole family day picnic so to speak. An extended happy hour during the week is easier for most and does not require taking a day of vacation to participate. These things are very fluid and tough to cement people down to commit. If nobody shows up for a happy hour, then no loss. If a few people spend two day making BBQ, pot luck foods, prepping space, tables, etc...and very few to none show up because they don't feel like blowing a Saturday or Sunday to do it(because we all get lazy at the last minute) there could be a lot to lose.

My .02

Mr H

Banana'd
    Got so wrapped up in other things, I completely let this one slip by...

This coming w/e (15-16) is no good for me, but the following w/e (22-23) should be good (particularly if it's outdoor/picnic type stuff). Maybe grab one of the common areas at Downs Park before the crowds show up?

(Note: If we do that, the park doesn't allow alcohol)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom