• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    We have two positions that have just opened up for apprentices with Maryland Environmental Services. It is a 3 year apprenticeship with all books, exams and classes paid for. There is the opportunity if you meet certain goals to receive a 10% raise every 6 months for the first year and a half and then another 10% at the end of apprenticeship. Your also given a clothing/boot allowance yearly, health care starts on day one , 401k after 6months with matching, paid vacation, personal leave, sick leave and holiday leave. The agency also pays for college tuition if your interested in that

Reqs:
    18+
    HS Diploma
    Drivers License with less than 6 points
    Ability to lift and move 50lbs

Some job insight: I am a product of the apprenticeship program. I hold multiple state. w/ww licenses, have worked at close to 20 different facilities all over Maryland. This agency recognizes talent and helps to develop it. If you do your part they will do theirs. The job is science/ math oriented. You will be working with various chemicals and biological organisms, on pumps, motors and blowers, indoors and out, in the heat and in the cold, you will be asked to respond to alarms at all different hours in all types of weather conditions. Weekends are worked on a rotating basis, as are holidays.

If you or someone you know are interested please message me for more details or with any questions. No experience is required, so anyone from a high school grad to someone looking for a career change please contact me

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    This would be great for the guy not afraid to shovel poop, get dirty and relocate if that's what it would take. :thumbsup:

Rarely do you shovel shit, dirty sometimes but its more the exception to the rule if your doing things right and we have positions all over the state from time to time ;)

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    just had another inquiry so i figure i would bump this back up. spots are still open for applications

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    Pay? Opening in Elkton?

w/ww apprentices start at 26500 with the possibility of 10% raises every 6 months for the first 18 months of apprenticeship for hitting certain mile markers in training. nothing currently open in elkton but we do have facilities there so possibly in the future:thumbsup:

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    Bump. Two more openings available for our Southern MD folks! Both spots are in La Plata,MD. Same pay same benefits same apprenticeship. The Jessup, and HOCO positions are also still open for applications

Apply through www.menv.com. The careers link is in the top right corner. It will then show all available jobs.

Any questions let me know! I'm hoping these help someone out there get a good steady job

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Rarely do you shovel shit, dirty sometimes but its more the exception to the rule if your doing things right and we have positions all over the state from time to time ;)

How about a "idea man" I'm full of them and would gladly tell someone to put them to practice! :D Company car.....maybe a 57 Corvette?

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    We like inventive, thinking people. We don't want robots and number takers. We need thinking resourceful and motivated people

Cool, with so much raw material this should be quite profitable! :thumbsup:

byO03GLxt6q2h67w5ashsKOO_500.jpg

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    ged okay? 2nd chance okay? I have a BIL that made some poor choices before but is looking to change his future

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom