Anthony Brown's Campaign Workers Refuse to Answer 2A Questions (video)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bare Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2009
    Baltimore
    Hey Everybody,

It's been a bit since my last post on this forum. This is something I wanted to share with everyone here, as it pertains to gun rights here in Maryland.

Last week, in response to Anthony Brown's ad featuring two police officers talking about gun control, I posted this comment on the Brown-Ulman Facebook page (paraphrasing):

Mr. Brown, what are your thoughts on this news article? Are we supposed to rely on police to protect us? Keep in mind us commoners don't have armed security guards like you do.

Then I posted a link to this story: http://concealednation.org/2014/10/...ne-legislator-had-a-surprise-for-the-robbers/ About 5 minutes later I was banned from the page. So, I took that as invitation to ask the questions in person at their campaign headquarters. Here's how it all went down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cvcUs13jNk

Your thoughts?

BuRNMIA

May 28, 2013
    I was banned as well.. Maybe all of us that have been banned could assemble with gags in our mouths outside of the headquarters. :) That would get some attention for sure.

Bare Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2009
    Baltimore
    I was banned as well.. Maybe all of us that have been banned could assemble with gags in our mouths outside of the headquarters. :) That would get some attention for sure.

I'm up for it. Although the drive to PG County is a bit expensive thanks to the gas taxes, LOL! If a gaggle of gun owners could stage some sort of protest I'd be there again though, definitely.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Probably not the best tact to take to get any kind of positive response from them. That little bit toward then end where you said, "f*** you!" That showed some real class.

I understand that you are passionate and incensed, but you're not helping our cause. They probably shot video of you and are going to post it up with something to the effect of, "this is a typical Hogan supporter." Thanks.

Bare Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2009
    Baltimore
    Larry Hogan is gonna run wild on you!!! Lmao great video sir!

LOL, thanks.

I should mention that the YouTube channel is more comedy than it is political. Once more videos are posted later this month/early November that will be more apparent.

Probably not the best tact to take to get any kind of positive response from them. That little bit toward then end where you said, "f*** you!" That showed some real class.

I understand that you are passionate and incensed, but you're not helping our cause. They probably shot video of you and are going to post it up with something to the effect of, "this is a typical Hogan supporter." Thanks.

I was nice until they started shutting the door after tricking me with a greeting of "How 'ya doing?". I thought we were going to start having a discussion and instead they both gave me smug smirks, which unfortunately you can't see due to their faces being blurred out.. There was no swearing until the smugness from Joe Pesci and his sidekick.

Isn't it interesting that during the intelligent remarks I got no response but the Jerry Springer-esque moment got the reaction? It's well past time to be nice about having our civil liberties/rights eroded. You stop a bully by putting your foot down.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    There really weren't any intelligent remarks. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you're neither an attorney or a judge, so all of the stuff you blurted out about the 1st and 2nd amendments amounts to little more than badgering because regardless of what you think you know about it, you have nothing to back you up, whether you are right not not. Looking at it from their perspective, you probably came across a bit looney, and with that in mind it's no wonder that they neither let you in nor spoke to you.

Regarding the Jerry Springer-esque moment, we need to be better than that, otherwise we fall into the trap of meeting their expectations of the stereotype.

Of course that's just this guy's opinion.

Bare Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2009
    Baltimore
    Looking at it from their perspective, you probably came across a bit looney, and with that in mind it's no wonder that they neither let you in nor spoke to you.

I'm sure I did. Having a camera on top of my head probably looked crazy enough.

Regarding the Jerry Springer-esque moment, we need to be better than that, otherwise we fall into the trap of meeting their expectations of the stereotype.

Of course that's just this guy's opinion.

I'm not disagreeing with you. My feeling though is that if the gun owner stereotype were true we would still have uninfringed gun rights. The politeness gun owners have displayed since the first gun control law was enacted is more than the oath-breaking criminals (politicians who disrespect 2A) deserve. That's why we are in the current mess we're in...because we've been way too nice and complacent. We need a "we're not moving to the back of the bus" moment.

The idea for the video has been a year in the making...a year of not answering questions I've sent via Facebook/Twitter/email/phone. I was going to confront Anthony Brown during an Independence Day parade but he was a no show.

Talk to you guys later, big video shoot tomorrow!

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    What a way to represent gun owners.

"**** you"

Really?

I know of no other group who SO LOVES to play to the stereotypes created for them.

This video will probably be in an upcoming Brown ad.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    My feeling though is that if the gun owner stereotype were true we would still have uninfringed gun rights. The politeness gun owners have displayed since the first gun control law was enacted is more than the oath-breaking criminals (politicians who disrespect 2A) deserve. That's why we are in the current mess we're in...because we've been way too nice and complacent. We need a "we're not moving to the back of the bus" moment.
    I don't think it's quite that simple. A lot of the laws that infringe upon the second amendment were passed at a time when the public at large wasn't really aware of what was going on in Washington DC - certainly not like we have now where it's on CNN, CSpan, daily TV news networks and the internet.

The public now also has much easier access to case law documents than ever before - virtually all of that stuff is freely available online now. We didn't have that level of access even 15-20 years ago, never mind 1934 and 1968 when some of the biggest infringements were made.

Although I applaud your commitment and effort, think about the impression you are leaving. Did you really have a camera on your head? Do us all a favor and carefully think about your look, and what you say before you go and say it, otherwise you'll never be taken seriously and you'll hurt the cause more than help it.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    What did you expect? Really? Show up, represent yourself as "kind of the media" with a camera strapped to your head, conduct yourself in a confrontational manner from the get go, and still expect them to invite you in for an honest discussion?

You got what you wanted - the door closed in your face on video. I would have done the same thing to you. Hogan's staff would have done the same thing to the "cat lady" if she showed up at their door demanding more feel good gun control.

I can appreciate your passion, but with so much emotion (coming from you) did you really think they were going to help you come across like Jane Miller?

Don't get me wrong, I give you credit for asking the questions, and calling attention to their Joe Goebbels like operation. Perhaps someone out there didn't already know that's how they operate and you further exposed it, but the method was unprofessional at best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom