• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • psubowhunter

Sep 18, 2012
    Hi everyone,
    I realize politics can be a bit touchy with people, and I'm really not sure the response I'll get here. I just moved here from PA, and if anything, I've noticed there's a lot of Obama supporters here, and democrats/liberals in general.

First off I'll say I'm biased. I'm a bit conservative. I save my money. I live frugally (guns are expensive). I support myself and my family (and millions of crackheads, the obese, the lazy, etc through my hard earned payments in taxes).

I ramble, the media, and President Obama have said that having armed guards is not a solution to tragedies like what happened recently in CT. It's not a solution, I agree. There's lunatics everywhere. It is, however, a deterrent, and possibly an armed guard could have stopped the rampage. Maybe not.

I'd like to cite that schools in Israel all have armed teachers because of the attacks on children by Palestinian terrorists. Look it up, kids and teachers are still injured in these attacks, but these terrorists are also shot dead before they can cause any more damage.

And, President Obama has armed guards protecting his kids when they go to school. President Obama has armed guards protecting himself. And there's also armed guards protecting his wife. If guns can't protect American citizens, than why should they only protect American politicians? (In Communist countries around the world, the guns are commonly in the hands of the politicians and not in the hands of the citizens). To fight the double standard, sign this petition if you agree that we should call this double standard to the attention of President Obama.

And just for the record I think Alex Jones is an idiot. If you are a fan of him, you probably also wear tin foil on your head to sleep so the government can't control your brain. But this petition has some substance.

"Jones and Infowars.com believe there should not be a double standard. If the government believes gun free zones are a solution for citizens, the same standard should apply to government servants and employees."

Check out the link to the petition:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...-buildings-and-events-gun-free-zones/JlLk2nfs

Just for the record I am not a tin foil wearing Alex Jones supporter I just happen to agree with this ONE thing Alex Jones is saying.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Obama loves his team of secret service security guards armed with fully automatic assault weapons.
    He will ignore the poll just like all the others he doesn't agree with.

Attachments

• semiauto.jpg
      semiauto.jpg
      26.5 KB · Views: 271

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I completely disagree with the premise of the petition. Logic (good or bad) would eventually dictate that if federal government employees cannot have guns then average citizens should not have guns either. Tit for tat. Self-destruction by way of least common denominator. No thanks.

The pro-2A argument is best presented the other way around. Since so many federal government employees have guns, then all law-abiding citizens are entitled to have guns.

tennisdr

Apr 22, 2012
    well said and right on the money.
    This year alone in "Gun Free" Chicago 400 children have been shot and 60 killed! have you seen this on the news? doubt we will.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom