• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I'll be the first one to post in this new section.

What was your first airgun?

Mine was a Crossman 760. One of my best Christmas presents ever!

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    I got a break action bb gun in 1975 for Christmas--- I think it was a Crosman, but can't remember for sure... the stock was all plastic and the plastic forearm was attached the barrel when it was cocked... If anyone can picture this or knows what it was, it would be cool to know... It might have been a Daisy... can't remember......

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    Don't remember the model but it was a break action single shot BB. Heavy as I recall, all steel and solid wood stock.

Tortured my little sisters Barbie Dolls with it. At some point I built my own exploding targets. Bic lighter and I taped the old camera flash cubes to it. Shoot through the lighter first and then hit the cube, big bang .... today my kids would go straight to jail for that.

I bought a Umarex Walther P99 CO2 and a Crossman 880 for my kids for plinking at home in my office.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Crossman 766....I still have it. I remember stalking God's cretures far and wide! Good times!

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    Crosman-M1-web.jpg

I think my brother still has it, and although my father bought it second hand we never had the "clip" that is shown in the picture I found of one like it. This is a picture of a Crosman WWII M-1 Carbine. You had to push the barrel in toward the stock, and then pull it back out, to cock the spring.

We used to tape caterpillars to a carboard box and sit it at the end of the driveway... The BIG FAT juicy kind, that went *SPLAT* when you hit them...

It was great when I was kid, about 10 years old or so, but as soon as I earned my first real paycheck, I graduated to a Crosman 760, at age 17, that I STILL have today. The 760 is the Guardian of my fish pond!

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    Crossman 357 co2 powered revolver, then a no name 10 pump rifle.

Now I use a .22 cal RWS 34 for little varmints.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Some model of lever action rifle by Daisy. My first real "air rifle" was a Crossman 760, my Dad still has it.

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    We used to tape caterpillars to a carboard box and sit it at the end of the driveway... The BIG FAT juicy kind said:
    Glad to see we weren't the only deviants... I can remember catching flies, placing them live in the barrel and then shooting them against a window.... Ahhhh the good old days!:lol2::lol2::lol:

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Mine was a Daisy 10 pump pnuematic Powerline something or other with a 2-7x scope I got in the 7th grade. I still have it.

I remember that first summer I had it in 1987, it was the year of the 17 year cicadas around here and in Rockville where I grew up, they were thick like carpeting everywhere you walked. We would sit in the back yard and pick them off the oak tree all day long with that thing.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Daisy BB gun decades ago. First real one was Feinwerkbau 65.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Another one for the Crossman 760!! I loved that gun.

My Dad gave it away to some neighbor boys when I was in college and I gave him so much grief (good natured) about it that my sister bought me another one to shut me up.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Daisy Red Ryder, and I didn't shoot my eye out

But now I'm kinda fond of Co2-powered 'replica' pellet and bb guns.

I have a Beretta Px4 and Cx4 that I use to practice with in my basement. They have the same weight, feel, and action of the real deal, so getting in some 'handling' during the winter helps when I finally get to the range.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    Another one for the Crossman 760!! I loved that gun.

My Dad gave it away to some neighbor boys when I was in college and I gave him so much grief (good natured) about it that my sister bought me another one to shut me up.

When we moved from our first house, we stayed with the In-laws until our new house was built. I put the 760 up high on a bookshelf, so our three daughters couldn't get to it, and forgot where I put it. When we moved into the new house, I bought a Daisy, high powered, something or other to deal with vermin. Almost two years went by when one day, while at the In-laws, I found my first "love". I've owned it for about thirty years now. Sits right next to my bedroom window and over looks the fish pond.

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    Daisy lever action BB gun when I was like 5 years old.
    I remember when I'd run out of BB's, I'd just stick the barrel in the ground and shoot dirt clogs. :D

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Anyone else here turn your Crossman 760 into a "shotgun"? I used to pump mine up 7-10 times and shoot 5 or 6 BB's at once. It was an awesome weapon against stationary fruit.:gun7:

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    My first airgun was a Gamo Delta Hunter. .177 caliber, fiber-optic sights, and rifled barrel too. Accurate as hell, plinking pennies at 25 yards with iron sights. I still have it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom