• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Fair fair... With the exception of a face-to-face purchase, most of the popular internet sites won’t do this. Like water, we’ve all tried to play this game since 2013.. If its a smaller time out of state FFL, it probably works.

You need to find better site, or become friends with local/over the state line FFLs. There are probably as many out of state dealers that will ship the magazine to an alternate address as there are that won't. And Private sales, most times, aren't an issue if the seller send the magazines to the alternate address while his FFL sends the firearm to your FFL.

Most of us that play this game, do so successfully, instead of trying all of the "cheap sites" Some times it pays to pay a little more.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Its also legal to purchase and pay for the firearm out of state, take possession of the mags out of state and have the firearm, less magazines, shipped to your MD FFl to do the transfer. The problem is the MD FFl isn't getting profit from the sale, a situation that personally bothers me.

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    Its also legal to purchase and pay for the firearm out of state, take possession of the mags out of state and have the firearm, less magazines, shipped to your MD FFl to do the transfer. The problem is the MD FFl isn't getting profit from the sale, a situation that personally bothers me.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but at $50 per transfer I find it very hard to believe that MD FFLs aren't profiting off of transfers.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Not every FFL charges $50 for a transfer.

In most cases some local FFL's can offer very competitive pricing when shipping and transfer fees are included. If my local FFL can be close in price it is worth $20 on a $500 gun to support my local FFL so he will remain in business and be there when I need something.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Found a "Communist approved" version of the gun, it comes with 10 rnd mags,, or as Biden calls em "Clips"

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Not every FFL charges $50 for a transfer.

In most cases some local FFL's can offer very competitive pricing when shipping and transfer fees are included. If my local FFL can be close in price it is worth $20 on a $500 gun to support my local FFL so he will remain in business and be there when I need something.

True. Not all do, so it pays to shop. Some of this forum’s sponsors offer forum members discounts, too. Discounting a simple transfer is a great way to earn a customer. I can be a loyal customer and prefer to support local stores, but loyalty has to be a two way street. Providing a reasonable transfer fee is a simple way for the FFL to begin that relationship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom