• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    I really wanted to go to this show (or any show), but I deferred for safety sake (cluck-cluck:sad20:). There's nothing I really need, except some popular ammo, but I'm not ready to get scalped yet. I want a another Milsurp rifle, but I don't know what. Don't need pouches or accessories that I can think of, but I still like to look and be surprised. Besides, (another excuse) money is low.:sad20: But I should have bitten the bullet and gone.:sad53: Instead, I spent much of my morning in the car outside of Patient First, while the wife got stitches in her forehead. Rather than go to the show, I suggested that we'd take the dog for a long walk. Well, wife stumbled in a gully on the shoulder and did a header onto the road. Glasses mangled & kaput (there goes my rifle money), multiple bruises, cut nose, forehead, and a magnificent shiner developing. The dog nearly dislocated my shoulder trying to run back to her. Yes, I should have gone to the show.:deadhorse:

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I for one am glad you were with your wife when she had her accident. Imagine had she gone on walkies with your pup by herself and took the same fall. As a single man who's always been active I sometimes envy those with a partner to step in and help when life's ugly moments happen. You were her guardian angel today.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Dad scooped up a nicely priced Stainless Mini 14 from our IP South Carroll Sporting Goods. Met a coworker there who absolutely needed ammo. He's a relative newcomer to guns and was appalled at himself for not stacking ammo deeper.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    My buddy was looking at that Mini 14 and said he thought it was the best deal of the show. I'm glad your dad picked it up!

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    My buddy was looking at that Mini 14 and said he thought it was the best deal of the show. I'm glad your dad picked it up!

It was clearly used but not much. Dad got a blued one on a steal from another member here a while back but always wanted a stainless one. Shame it wasn't old enough to have the bayonet lug and all or I would be getting a reproduction side folder stock and building an A Team rifle!

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    I for one am glad you were with your wife when she had her accident. Imagine had she gone on walkies with your pup by herself and took the same fall. As a single man who's always been active I sometimes envy those with a partner to step in and help when life's ugly moments happen. You were her guardian angel today.

:thumbsup: Thanks, Yep, I literally gave her the shirt off my back to stem the blood as we walked the last quarter mile home (she wouldn't just sit on the road side while I jogged home for the car). Still, she's a tough old bird.

Last edited:

Louie

Sep 10, 2009
    Edgehood
    I went. It was good for what I was looking for. Picked up a pair of cz75 mags for 25 each. A few cheap ak mags.

I haven’t priced optics in a long time. Are prices at shows good for some red dot optics for handguns and AR’s? Online prices for these a pretty high so I’m thinking of purchasing at a show.

My 2 complaints for the show.. only 2 are there were many tables said cash only and the second was that there were few wearing masks or had brushed their teeth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I went. It was good for what I was looking for. Picked up a pair of cz75 mags for 25 each. A few cheap ak mags.

I haven’t priced optics in a long time. Are prices at shows good for some red dot optics for handguns and AR’s? Online prices for these a pretty high so I’m thinking of purchasing at a show.

My 2 complaints for the show.. only 2 are there were many tables said cash only and the second was that there were few wearing masks or had brushed their teeth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like they drew a crowd from much further away as well- group behind me in line was from NYS, car parked in front of me was NJ of shows may be causing more travel at longer than normal distances.

Kyleag89

Aug 1, 2020
    I was there today from 9:15 to 2pm! Almost 5 hours I walked around and bought a lot of good stuff. I mostly got accessories and some well priced .223 for whats going on now. Almost every firearm there was overpriced except a teal/stainless ruger security 9. Went to the ATM for cash to buy it for the g/f and it was sold when I got back! :banghead:

If you needed mags, gun parts, or lower receivers prices cant be beat anywhere else if you factor in shipping. Pretty much everything else was overpriced with some vendors that should have been wearing a ski mask they were robbing people so bad.

Kyleag89

Aug 1, 2020
    Looks like they drew a crowd from much further away as well- group behind me in line was from NYS, car parked in front of me was NJ of shows may be causing more travel at longer than normal distances.

Most other shows have been cancelled because of covid. Gettysburg is the most lax show there is around our area(several vendors told me this).

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    It was nice no mask unless you wanted to wear one. Picked up 1000 Federal Lg. Pistol Mag. primers from 3R guns for $34.99 pre panic price. Gun Broker $80 to $100 gouging. Talked to the J-E Shooters Supply guy said he may not be able to get any primers until Spring 2021. Thank God I hand load 9mm and a bunch of others. Saw a Ruger PC in 9mm new in original configuration $519.00. That's what I paid in May of 2018 good price. Saw them on Gun Broker for $799 gouging! Nice 500 table show considering what's going on. Better than sitting home and complaining and belly aching.

Last edited:

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    Was there Saturday 11ish. Not too crowded. Picked up a bunch of mags and a box of cider donuts. Grabbed ribeye steak and eggs at Gettysburg family restaurant then popped into walmart across street from restaurant. Had lots of rifle and shotgun ammo. Friend picked up 1200 bucket. 22 for $64. Was a good day trip.

Liked option to not wear mask but still had it on since new insurance not active till 10/1

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom