• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    7 calendar days then, not 7 business days.
    You'll also get an email saying you're "Not Disapproved". You're not approved, but you're not not approved. When I get the email I'll either get a call from the FFL or just show up.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I thought " not disapproved " was good news. If that then print and go to the FFL/ Store?
    It is good news it's just funny how the MSP states that you are approved by saying not disapproved. I don't print anything the FFL has all the info there.

Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    Almost as if saying you were approved would seem as though they were happy you could qualify to buy a handgun. By saying " not disapproved " its more like" well We cant find a way to stop it".

Clark W. Griswold

Oct 5, 2009
    Almost as if saying you were approved would seem as though they were happy you could qualify to buy a handgun. By saying " not disapproved " its more like" well We cant find a way to stop it".
    I’ve always felt they should just come right out and say “We regret to inform you that we couldn’t find a way to legally deny your purchase”

On another note, does anyone know if the application number for the 77R is an indication of the number of transfers? The one I did a week ago for the pistol I just picked up started with 2024 and was in the high 8k range. That’s a lot of transfers in one month

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I’ve always felt they should just come right out and say “We regret to inform you that we couldn’t find a way to legally deny your purchase”

On another note, does anyone know if the application number for the 77R is an indication of the number of transfers? The one I did a week ago for the pistol I just picked up started with 2024 and was in the high 8k range. That’s a lot of transfers in one month
    8K sounds on the lower side. In their report covering 10/1-23 - 12/31/23, they reported receiving ~28K 77Rs which averages out to about 9.3K/month.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    It's purely the grammar and semantics of the act passed by the legislature.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I applied 1/23, number was in the 7300 range.
    I applied last November; number was in the 133,000 range.

So, looks cumulative.

Clark W. Griswold

Oct 5, 2009

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD

The process is to determine if one is prohibited (disapproved) from possessing, not “approving” possession. Keeping that in mind, while it sounds odd, their statement of “not disapproved” is technically correct.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I think it's 7 calendar days unless one is a holiday, in which case add one. Unless they've changed it.
    Holiday only comes into affect if the release date is a Holiday, then it moves one.

(People really need to read the law)

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Several times I have had to wait an additional day when I submit on a Monday. It's been the following Tuesday when my Email comes through.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Several times I have had to wait an additional day when I submit on a Monday. It's been the following Tuesday when my Email comes through.
    That is MSP NOT following statute. The way to get MSP to follow State Statute, is to sue them when they don't.

ebrew4

Sep 28, 2022
    Ok checked this AM I have moved from " under review " to second review. What is that?
    Should I be concerned or is this normal?

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Ok checked this AM I have moved from " under review " to second review. What is that?
    It's normal. Sit back, relax, and just wait for the email. Obsessively checking isn't going to change anything aside from getting your anxiety up in the meantime.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Normal. Every application is reviewed at least 3 times.
    Checking is a waste of time- it's going to be 8 days, unless 'not disapproved' in 7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom