• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Just saw this on "Knuckledraggin's" page (http://knuckledraggin.com/), & to say the least I'm very disappointed in him. Guess he didn't pay attention to MLK.
    https://raconteurreport.blogspot.com/2020/01/i-told-you-they-were-slow-learners.html?m=1

And here's Matt Bracken advocating against the rally too;
    https://www.americanpartisan.org/2020/01/richmond-the-mother-of-all-buffalo-jumps/

I hope I'm not alone in thinking we still need to show up en masse, if for no other reason then to show the rats that we aren't going away. Like MLK's march on DC, these attacks on the 2A are as much an attack on our civil rights as those in the '60s.

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    Just saw this on "Knuckledraggin's" page (http://knuckledraggin.com/), & to say the least I'm very disappointed in him. Guess he didn't pay attention to MLK.
    https://raconteurreport.blogspot.com/2020/01/i-told-you-they-were-slow-learners.html?m=1

And here's Matt Bracken advocating against the rally too;
    https://www.americanpartisan.org/2020/01/richmond-the-mother-of-all-buffalo-jumps/

I hope I'm not alone in thinking we still need to show up en masse, if for no other reason then to show the rats that we aren't going away. Like MLK's march on DC, these attacks on the 2A are as much an attack on our civil rights as those in the '60s.

Matt does make some good points

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    And a lot of unsubstantiated guesstimates. He's obviously never taken an exit off 95 to get to the capitol is but one small one.

Never mind that his basic premise of "you can't carry a gun there" was incorrect.

I like Matt - but he's sketching out a new novel here.

ATTom

Aug 17, 2010
    Never mind that his basic premise of "you can't carry a gun there" was incorrect.

I like Matt - but he's sketching out a new novel here.

am honestly at a loss about what to do. I fully planned to go to the rally in Va and sling my unloaded Ar across my back n support. I have been down before and saw people do this with no issue.

Now I am worried about this turning into the scene at the end of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid.

There are multiple threads in various forums of people going down with plate carriers and 12 mags etc. Antifa or skinheads or whomever are sure to show up as well.

I get the whole - it’s stops here. Va was raped by Bloomberg money and having its rights stolen against the will of the people.

I get the show of “we will not gentle into that good night”. I also get that everybody going down and being respectful gun owners doesn’t achieve much- look at 2013 in md. They will show the one goomba on the news that shows up with a rebel flag and not the other 3000 that show up in suits to respectfully petition their legislators. So I think that is where part of the f*** it attitude comes from- if we show up in suits or full battle rattle - we get portrayed the same.

But what can really be achieved in that way? If VA goes sideways and some form of further action is taken resisting confiscation- it won’t happen on 1/20. So what is to be achieved on 1/20 by marching the GI Joe crew in there except a potential powder keg being set up?

I feel a duty as a former resident of VA to support them. This is a test case for the nation. If VA goes this will be replicated elsewhere.

I would also not like to be in the crossfire (caused potentially by any number of things) or show up on some list as a militia member because I open carried an unloaded rifle at a rally.

Maybe I am overreacting- but I am very torn on whether it is a wise decision to go.

Any thoughts are welcome

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Barring any unforeseen hiccups (like snow, ice, or torrential rain), I plan on going. Not taking any guns, flags, or camo. Just my old white self dressed appropriately, cuz if we don't go it might just be the radicals there that'll end up on tv as representing us. And being old, I don't care about possible violence cuz it's probably just being pushed by planted antis trying to mess up the plans.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    So what is to be achieved on 1/20 by marching the GI Joe crew in there except a potential powder keg being set up?

honestly i'm not sure the march/demonstration will help much if any. the dems are still spewing bs bills despite the massive 2a sanctuary county movement. but it prob won't hurt, so i am going to go.

frankly i think we all should have slung AR's, after all that is the primary thing they're planning on banning. and if the public sees 1,000s (or hopefully 10,000's) of folks with AR's and NO ONE getting shot, maybe they'll see when not in criminal hands, the AR's aren't dangerous.

that said, vcdl, who is organizing this, asks for no AR's so i guess it will be handgun-only for me.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    The Democraps just banned firearms in the Capitol. Not sure about the grounds . Keep a eye out for updates

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    In my opinion the best outcome of thousands of 2A advocates going to lobby day would be for 10m USD to be raised. 7.5m USD to be raised for advocacy and to support 2A candidates in the next round of elections in VA, and another 2.5m raised to support the many VA court cases will soon be filed against the anticipated unconstitutional laws that are likely to be passed in VA. We need to outspend Bloomberg x3 between now and the next election. I hope a few organizations will be passing the hat on the day of.

The dems do not care about the second amendment and its relationship to the protection of civil rights, and they never will. Their VA leader is a friggin' hood wearing (and hood winking) clansman. A million Virginians could show up to these things and the dems would not give to shi*s about it.

Out raise them, outspend them, win and move on.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    In my opinion the best outcome of thousands of 2A advocates going to lobby day would be for 10m USD to be raised. 7.5m USD to be raised for advocacy and to support 2A candidates in the next round of elections in VA, and another 2.5m raised to support the many VA court cases will soon be filed against the anticipated unconstitutional laws that are likely to be passed in VA. We need to outspend Bloomberg x3 between now and the next election. I hope a few organizations will be passing the hat on the day of.

The dems do not care about the second amendment and its relationship to the protection of civil rights, and they never will. Their VA leader is a friggin' hood wearing (and hood winking) clansman. A million Virginians could show up to these things and the dems would not give to shi*s about it.

Out raise them, outspend them, win and move on.

And to clarify this: If you go I think you will have greater impact bringing some money than your gun so you can donate in person to VCDL, 2A Foundation, GOA or whoever is passing the hat there.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Just received notification (NRA) the Dems have passed a gun ban, even for CCW holders, of any firearms in the Pocahontas Building, the Capitol, and Capitol Grounds through the duration of the 2020 General Assembly Legislative Session. This is for the entire duration of the 2020 session. fred55

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Just received notification (NRA) the Dems have passed a gun ban, even for CCW holders, of any firearms in the Pocahontas Building, the Capitol, and Capitol Grounds through the duration of the 2020 General Assembly Legislative Session. This is for the entire duration of the 2020 session. fred55

these f1ckers are going after us with absolutely everything they have.

is it just crazy big bloomberg money being thrown at them?
    is it just total ignorance of our citizens thinking that taking guns from law abiding citizens will result in less crime?
    honestly i don't think it's to disarm us so that they can lead us to the gas chambers. they certainly know that a ban will still leave LOTS of firearms out there, including AR's and hunting rifles and of course handguns.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    I'm going because Ralph and our reps need a VISUAL to understand how likely the enforcement of their gun control endeavor is to FAIL -and- just as importantly, the MAGnitude of that failure.

First, anything can happen at this rally. All we can do is imagine those possibilities and use our judgment to assess their likelihood and prepare accordingly. Think through these scenarios and develop a response plan.

I can't assess the likelihood of Bracken's hypothetical disruptors or their efficacy. Knowing what tactics they've used in the past is instructive. I strongly believe that his 'buffalo herd' analogy mistakenly assumes our side is a bunch 'soldier of fortune' subscribers. Maybe elsewhere.

I live in NoVA. I can't imagine a larger population center like NoVA with a higher concentration of very highly trained LEO and Mil folks. The people I'm coordinating my trip with are not wild eyed mall ninjas or meter maids. They are people that plan responses to, and deal with violent (often deadly) situations weekly. They don't get paralyzed by surprise violence like Bracken suggests, they stop violent threats. There are dozens of these professionals attending.

Richmond will be nothing like Charlottesville.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    honestly i don't think it's to disarm us so that they can lead us to the gas chambers. they certainly know that a ban will still leave LOTS of firearms out there, including AR's and hunting rifles and of course handguns.

Can you think of any other reason they'd be pursuing such Draconian legislation? Can you point out why it was OK until today for citizens (who are on the road to become subjects) to bear arms in government buildings?

The sole objects are to remove all firearms from your hands, and to demonize the law-abiding. It will also serve to suppress dissent, now and in the future.

Any future unarmed disagreement with Bloomberg's policies will be laughed off as toothless. Your descendants would be distraught, if only the education system were to present them with a true history.

But sadly, history is written by the victors.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    And they bold faced lied and got called out on it. Saying the Capitol Police Chief recommend this change , he retorts I certainly didn't say that!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom