• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Ok, I was happy that I've bought a coffee machine for me and all my family recently, but now I realized that with this purchase I lost these romantic moments of buying coffee in local shops and cafes...I'll miss that feeling, when you take a cup of coffee with myself, while driving somewhere.

Here we go again.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Sirex lives!

After years under the car cover, neglected to rust in peace my son nagged me into getting the CRX up and running this past weekend. He wanted so badly to take the car to a Cars and Coffee event, so Saturday, we did some work on it to get it running and semi presentable. He loves riding in it, says it's like a go kart. Car still needs paint, rust repair, freon recharge, tires swapped out, wheels re-polished, seats swapped out, etc. He wants it one day, but a really enjoyed wrenching on the rust bucket with my son, then going to the New Market C&C. The turnout was pretty low, I assume to the storms the night before and the overcast skies. Either way, he had a good time, and seems inspired to wrench on cars. He's 13, so he has some time to go. Hopefully going into the Carroll County Career and Technology Center in a couple years. All the people I have met at these C&C events we go to have been really nice. We have gone to several, but this is the first time we brought a vehicle to show. Nothing super exotic, fast, or anything, but fun and somewhat unique.

Attachments

• 221252369_4590038901030586_8991103322936733361_n.jpg
      221252369_4590038901030586_8991103322936733361_n.jpg
      143.7 KB · Views: 236

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Several years ago, I got to use a swapped and turbo CRX for a weekend as my car was getting worked on. The thing was a ton of funny and I'd estimate it at about 175-200HP. Traction issue resolved by street slicks up front.

Somewhere on my top 20 list of cars would be a swapped CRX.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Several years ago, I got to use a swapped and turbo CRX for a weekend as my car was getting worked on. The thing was a ton of funny and I'd estimate it at about 175-200HP. Traction issue resolved by street slicks up front.

Somewhere on my top 20 list of cars would be a swapped CRX.

Wasn't up in Carroll County was it?

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sirex lives!

After years under the car cover, neglected to rust in peace my son nagged me into getting the CRX up and running this past weekend. He wanted so badly to take the car to a Cars and Coffee event, so Saturday, we did some work on it to get it running and semi presentable. He loves riding in it, says it's like a go kart. Car still needs paint, rust repair, freon recharge, tires swapped out, wheels re-polished, seats swapped out, etc. He wants it one day, but a really enjoyed wrenching on the rust bucket with my son, then going to the New Market C&C. The turnout was pretty low, I assume to the storms the night before and the overcast skies. Either way, he had a good time, and seems inspired to wrench on cars. He's 13, so he has some time to go. Hopefully going into the Carroll County Career and Technology Center in a couple years. All the people I have met at these C&C events we go to have been really nice. We have gone to several, but this is the first time we brought a vehicle to show. Nothing super exotic, fast, or anything, but fun and somewhat unique.

*****That's a really cool car. My best friend in college had one and we would somehow shoe horn both of our race bikes into the back of that car and do the Greenbelt races by UMCP. That car got some really remarkably good gas mileage as well. I was driving a Geo Metro hatchback at the time, because I was in college and hoping to meet one of the stunning cheerleaders at my school who could maybe appreciate a sensible and practical car that got good gas mileage and wasn't too flashy.

In hindsight, I probably should have bought the CRX, as my friend was in his CRX and actually met and talked to one of the cheerleaders once and I think she even kind of sort of smiled at him when he told her he was an athlete, and raced bicycles. She then proceeded to get into her football player boyfriends incredibly impractical Corvette with the 350 LT1 motor, Centerline wheels, and incredibly loud stereo system with Bazooka Bass Tubes in the trunk, and the really nice multi-disc changer Alpine Stereo system with the graphic equalizer attachment... Not too bright that cheerleader... that loud stereo system and side pipes on that Corvette could have been damaging her hearing and cause permanent hearing loss as they were on their way to that homecoming game...

But yea, the CRX was definitely ahead of its time from a tech standpoint and had features that were really rare for their day. There are usually a couple of them at Katie's Car and Coffee in Mclean, VA. I usually take one of my cars there for showing when the weather is nice.

Sirex