• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Okay - admittedly, it wasn't limb chickens destined for the stove, but it was lots of fun nonetheless. Claire has been shooting the 3P Air Rifle (using the S200) and REALLY wanted to go to the range this morning before ballet company. SO - I told her last night if she was 'walk out the door ready' at 0815 with her room picked up, bed made and laundry in the washer - I'd take her.

Wouldn't you know - she was up and done on time. So I spent the morning loading/reloading magazines as she made Plinky the Pink Squirrel Dance and dance some more. You can tell by her grin how much fun she had.

We were one of 3 firing spots on the 100 yard line when the range opened at 9a and even though it was in the low 30s, that didn't stop her one bit. The worst part of the day was when a .308 showed up two points down for some sight in work. She's used to air rifle and .22 - so the muzzle report from the 308 wore on her nerves a bit. Had a blast today at the AGC and couldn't have asked for a better way to spend half a day with my daughter than on the range shooting!

SquirrelHunt18Feb12-1.jpg

At the helm of our CZ452 Varmint wearing a Weaver V24

SquirrelHunt18Feb12-2.jpg

Look at that grin :)

PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    How old is Your daughter? Mine is six and I am thinking when she turns 7 to starting shooting on 22lr.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    EB - Clanger is courtesy of the Range house at AGC.

PGTMG - she is 11 and started shooting off the bench when she was 10. Could have started earlier, but none of the kids had shown a lick of interest in the shooting sports previously - ALL MY FAULT as I hadn't been to the range in YEARS. Wish I'd have gotten them all started years ago.

I think a youth rifle (for LOP), in single shot with a very attentive parent would be a great way to start your youngster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom