2A Gun Day Rally, March 8, Lawyers Mall!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    BUMPOLA

My advice: medicinal alcohol. Sterilize from the inside out.

Or come and infect Miller & Busch. :D

As much as I would love to, I am trying to get better. Give them hell boys and girls.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I received this PM earlier today. It is a reminder that every legislative season there will be folks who have never heard of Lawyer's Mall or know about the process that many of us "returnees" know so well:

Hello,
    I've been following the gun bill day discussion and I want to come out but I really don't know anything about how this works. What is lawyer's mall?
    Is this mostly an outdoor event to hold signs, or is it primarily an indoor event inside the lawmaker's building? It kinda looks like both, but I don't know when each starts.
    Where do I park?
    How will we get around?
    If I have no interest in testifying, how long can I expect to be there?
    I would like to hold a sign with you all and maybe visit the capitol, where should I be and what time should I be there.

Thank you,
    (a 16-er)

So here's the plan: The Lawyer's Mall Rally is outside and starts at 10am and continues til around noon. After that, we encourage rally attendees to sign up to testify in the House Office buildings BEFORE heading to lunch. There will be announcements at the Rally pointing out which building this is and groups will form to walk over and sign up to testify--which is done by touch-screen. Just fall in with a gang going over to sign up. After that, go grab some lunch--there is a Subway Shop nearby--or to other eateries on West Street off Church Circle or on Main Street, which drops down from Church Circle to the City Dock. The actual testimony will occur in the hearings that start sometime after 1pm.

First up, Lawyer's Mall is the plaza where Bladen Street deadends into College Avenue. If you are coming from Route 50, exit onto Rowe Boulevard. Get in the left lane and stay there because Rowe Blvd peels off to the right--but you stay straight--as the road now become Bladen Street for a couple of blocks until it deadends into College Avenue.

Here some info posted from our Deplorables Tuesday Rally:

DIRECTIONS: From Route 50 take the Rowe Blvd exit. When you see the Navy Stadium on the right, get into the left lane and STAY THERE WITH NO TURNS UNTIL THE ROADWAY DEADENDS AT COLLEGE AVENUE. You will see the Capitol dome straight ahead. We will be right there at that intersection!

For those programming their GPS, our rally site is at BLADEN STREET & COLLEGE AVENUE, ANNAPOLIS MD 21401.

Parking? There are 2-hour and 8-hour free parking spaces along the big wall boundary for the Naval Academy along King George Street.

In the photo below, inside the triangle formed by West Street, Northwest Street and Calvert Street--that big white roof you see is a major parking garage. Access it from Calvert Street.

In the residential areas facing St. John's College are available 2 hour free parking spaces, as long as you don't block driveways, duh! To reach this residential neighborhood, drive down Rowe Blvd until it dead ends at College Avenue. Take a left onto College Ave and go to the first traffic light, Take a right, and then the first right turn to get into that neighborhood and hunt around. This is my favorite "local knowledge" parking when going to Lawyer's Mall!

If you want to park at the Navy Stadium on Taylor Street off Rowe Boulevard, there is a paid shuttle available to bring you from Navy Stadium Parking right to Lawyer's Mall in the shadow of the Statehouse:

Here is the scoop from MDS member VG-10:

There are 2 shuttles from 6:40am to about 9:00am, leaving Navy Stadium every 10 minutes. After 9:00am they drop to one shuttle every 20 minutes. At 3:00pm the second shuttle comes back and it's back to every 10 minutes till 6:00pm. At 6:00pm it's every 20 minutes till 7:40pm. 7:40pm will be the last time the shuttle leaves the stadium going into town, when the shuttle gets back to the stadium it goes out of service.

Fees and Fares:

Parking= $5 (more if there is a special event going on)
    Shuttle = $2 one way regular fare $4 for a daily pass that's good all day on any Annapolis bus as many times as you care to ride. Senior Citizens (60 & up) Students and anyone with a state issued Disability Pass, get 50% off bus fare. We are not set up to give change so exact fare is required. Exact fare in hand, ready to go will speed up things.

Attachments

• IMG_6848.jpg
      IMG_6848.jpg
      127.5 KB · Views: 239

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Welcome ChiliP guy to testifying. Don't overthink Oral Testimony with a written word for word speach. I will sugguest an outline of points, maybe double the number suitable for 2-3 minutes , so that you have options.

If 2 or 3 people imeadately before you make the exact same points as you were about to lead with, unless you have really great personal experiences to add, then you can instead roll with points B and C , to give fresh information or perspective.

Of course, if your testimony is numbers based, have your numbers in front of you to consult.

If not already hooked up with a guide, look for the bald fat old white guy, and I'll be glad to show you what's where. ( Inside joke - those who aren't the bald fat guy, are usually the guy with bushy beard and unrully hair.)

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    That I will take you up on, but you were not the subject of a wager.

Glad it wasn't me, and no issue on the beverage.

Get better bro, know you've been going through a lot lately.

Working on it, stitches came out today and the gauze repack is getting shorter by the day.

Give them hell tomorrow, I will be with everyone in spirit.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Thanks

Welcome ChiliP guy to testifying. Don't overthink Oral Testimony with a written word for word speach. I will sugguest an outline of points, maybe double the number suitable for 2-3 minutes , so that you have options.

If 2 or 3 people imeadately before you make the exact same points as you were about to lead with, unless you have really great personal experiences to add, then you can instead roll with points B and C , to give fresh information or perspective.

Of course, if your testimony is numbers based, have your numbers in front of you to consult.

If not already hooked up with a guide, look for the bald fat old white guy, and I'll be glad to show you what's where. ( Inside joke - those who aren't the bald fat guy, are usually the guy with bushy beard and unrully hair.)

Biggfoot, I do believe we have never met, but I suspect I should be able to find Rack and Gryphon and Stove etc. Also, Raineman has been helping me tons.

With his assistance I contacted the aide to my Sen. Ready, Andy who took care of answering my questions, and as I provided my written testimony on SB 245, 511 and 948 he agreed to submit them to the appropriate places and to sign me up for the oral testimony.

I was searching for facts, numbers, data, articles to make my points. I will do as you say, have a plan in flux that can deal with the event of duplicate info presented by others.

Well, I sure do see how this requires quite a lot of work and I haven't even gotten my logistics worked out travel and schedule wise, yet.
    Ok, back to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom