• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    This is not about election results or a particular politician, nor is it about "repeal" or changes to any law.

This is a reminder that this election proved 2 things...

1 - We, as a firearms community, have power.

2 - There is still work to do in the next 4 years.

Yes, 4 years. The things we need to do will take that long, but the environment is more favorable today than it was yesterday.

We can now point to the groundswell across the country and (more importantly) Maryland, that there are people willing to stand up and make a difference.

I am so very proud of how this community, in particular, in how we have come together in the past few years and grown.

Please look at your local representatives' situations. I bet you'll find a lot more balance in how they were (re)elected, and as a result, they will have to be a LOT more responsive to the tenor of their constituents' needs.

Become a regular correspondent with them, on every subject that affects you, and remind them regularly that the state changed today. We must be heard.

HankR

Ultimate Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    Upper Midwest
    Way to Go Maryland

Good job guys, but as the previous poster mentioned there's still a lot of work to be done. That said, many wouldn't have thought this much progress was even possible. Way to stick in there and keep fighting.

Congratulations.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Don't gloat, just move forward in a positive direction. When communicating with your elected representatives remind them that gun rights issues helped create the new landscape and those issues are important to you as a voter.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    We do have power as a community, but the truth is that the economy on top of a poorly managed campaign is what lost the election for Brown. It wasn't a race about gun rights in the state. Sure, there were many who voted for Hogan for that reason, but those are folks who likely would have voted for Hogan anyway.

I'm not trying to be a negative Nancy - it's still a great day for the state, but we do still have a lot of work to do to keep Hogan in office -don't expect anything to happen for 2A rights in this state unless Hogan can win a second term.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    i see this as a train gaining momentum.. keep that train moving we will see a better maryland.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    I would like to propose we put together a 2A gathering\event in Annapolis in the next couple weeks. Sooner the better, while the iron is hot! Have MSI coordinate the event. We need to show Annapolis that we're an organized group within Maryland politics and must be taken seriously... plus a bit of a victory lap ;)

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    We do have power as a community, but the truth is that the economy on top of a poorly managed campaign is what lost the election for Brown. It wasn't a race about gun rights in the state. Sure, there were many who voted for Hogan for that reason, but those are folks who likely would have voted for Hogan anyway.

I'm not trying to be a negative Nancy - it's still a great day for the state, but we do still have a lot of work to do to keep Hogan in office -don't expect anything to happen for 2A rights in this state unless Hogan can win a second term.

I will be sure to tell the fence siters in Annapolis this. Assuming I bother to go.

But they already know this... OK no need to waste a day off then

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Please look at your local representatives' situations. I bet you'll find a lot more balance in how they were (re)elected, and as a result, they will have to be a LOT more responsive to the tenor of their constituents' needs.

Become a regular correspondent with them, on every subject that affects you, and remind them regularly that the state changed today. We must be heard.

:lol::lol2: Get real, I live in 13 where the elected and entrenched retards refuse to reply to email they disagree with (Guzzone), think email autoresponders waste paper (Pendergrass) or scream out in meetings "I don't care what my constituents think, I'll vote how I feel I know better than you do!" (Frank Turner).

Bald Fat Guy

Oct 7, 2014
    You mean all my unopposed representives, or the ones facing sacrifical lambs who only recieved 12 votes ?

bpSchoch

Jan 16, 2009
    Bethesda, MD
    Don't forget there are a lot of people that were very unhappy about all the illegal immigration that is happening. I know some Dems who voted for Hogan just because of that issue

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Hogan won because the middle class in MD was sick of tax increases, not because of MOMs gun laws.

Yup. Even more so, they saw through Brown's complete ineptness at being a manager, which is the primary function of a governor.

This election had zero to do with any gun laws. The fact that our circles intersect is a good thing, but we'd be deluding ourselves by thinking that this election was decided based on 2A issues.

Mr H

Banana'd
    :lol::lol2: Get real, I live in 13 where the elected and entrenched retards refuse to reply to email they disagree with (Guzzone), think email autoresponders waste paper (Pendergrass) or scream out in meetings "I don't care what my constituents think, I'll vote how I feel I know better than you do!" (Frank Turner).

You know me well enough to know I am serious. We--and not just the shooting community--are waking up, and scaring the establishment.

PG, MoCo, and Bloodymore are down the road. They will fall from attrition and erosion from the outside, eventually.

The efforts now need to come from all directions, not only 2A. This shift (as Norton correctly pointed out) is a general distrust, and being completely fed up with the policies and players of the past 8 years id the tip of the iceberg.

Research your points, make them respectfully yet decisively, and strap in for a long slog. This is your success; make the most of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom