In an emergency, how quickly can you have a loaded firearm in your hands?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How fast?

• 10 seconds or less

Votes: 140 42.7%
    • 30 seconds or less

Votes: 115 35.1%
    • 1 minute or less

Votes: 48 14.6%
    • 5 minutes or less

Votes: 10 3.0%
    • more than 5 minutes

Votes: 1 0.3%
    • I'm screwed.

Votes: 14 4.3%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    I guess it would depend on where you are in the home and how many one has stashed in different places. For me, if I'm in the bedroom, five seconds or less.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    A friend at work convinced me a couple years ago that it's a good idea to have at least one firearm on each level of your residence. I think he based this on the fire extinguisher / smoke detector recommendations. At that time I only had one 'live' firearm at home and it was secured in a hidden location in my bedroom.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    A friend at work convinced me a couple years ago that it's a good idea to have at least one firearm on each level of your residence. I think he based this on the fire extinguisher recommendations. At that time I only had one 'live' firearm at home and it was secured in a hidden location in my bedroom.

I agree, and have done that, but I end up being more afraid of my house being broken in to during the day and having more than one stolen.

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    Depends where I am. Most of the time I'm screwed because Maryland will not issue a permit for emergencies. At home, after being awoken, I can have it in my hand in less than 10 seconds.

I voted I'm screwed.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Like everyone else it depends.......

Voted 30 seconds or less based on average time from anywhere on first floor.

If I'm in bed less than 10.

Maybe need to think about basement?!?!?!

Yep, outside the home and at work, I'm Screwed.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Right now I have to reach 14 inches.

Under 2 seconds wasn't one of the options.

No kids in my home.

And most of us are screwed outside/at work. :sad20:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Probably under a minute. I really need a pistol sized lock box somewhere more accessible. Takes a bit to get into the safe :shrug:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    A friend at work convinced me a couple years ago that it's a good idea to have at least one firearm on each level of your residence. I think he based this on the fire extinguisher / smoke detector recommendations. At that time I only had one 'live' firearm at home and it was secured in a hidden location in my bedroom.

I agree with this. I got a bunch of magnets out of old SCSI drives, and use them to hide guns in interesting places.

Dec 31, 2012

I agree, and have done that, but I end up being more afraid of my house being broken in to during the day and having more than one stolen.

I agree with this. I got a bunch of magnets out of old SCSI drives, and use them to hide guns in interesting places.

If you really feel the need to have a firearm within arm's reach all the time at home then why not just wear it?
    That's my answer to sketchy situations in the neighborhood like a circling police helicopter looking for robbery suspect etc...
    It keeps the unlocked firearm in my control away from the kid but accessible. When I'm done it gets locked up and it's one less to be easily stolen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom