• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Today apparently was a very exciting day in Spring Ridge.

From our neighborhood watch email list:

Hello: Earlier today (4/26/14) near the I-70 overpass their was a drive by shooting, where a teenager was hit. The Victim was flown to Shock Trauma and should be OK. The Suspect was apprehended and is in the custody of the Sheriff's Department. This was not a random drive-by shooting, hence the Victim and Suspect allegedly knew each other. The names of the people involved were not provided to me, and I have no other factual information at this time.
    Thanks goes to the Sheriff's Department for another job well done.

Will be interested to learn more details - prompted yet another discussion with the family about locked doors and being aware.

I searched and didn't see a thread, if a dupe, pls close/lock

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    The shooter has been causing trouble in this area for several years going back to middle school or before, & deserves more jail time than they'll give him.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    You know Spring Ridge is starting to slide, when the manager at Weis walks up to the pharmacy with a bag of used syringes, that were found in the parking lot during the middle of the day. Meanwhile my dad is having all of the info on his license being taken down because he is buying 1 box of Sudafed 12 hour. I think the priorities are reversed somewhat...

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    He & his buddies are known to brazenly vandalize homes on both sides of 144 even when people are home, & to be involved in drugs.

Mini14Tom

Nobody in particular.
    Aug 4, 2013
    East Frederick Co.
    Its SpringRidge of all places, and broad daylight? This kid must have been pissed!

Sadly, this is possible now in any area/location at any time in Frederick County. This was one of three reports of gunshots in the Frederick area on Saturday alone cited in today's Frederick New-Post. No neighborhood is immune.

This is one of the reasons why I became a gun owner last year.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    This kid was reportedly picked up Saturday morning for a drug offense and released on personal recognizance that morning, then went and did this shooting. And he does live in an upscale neighborhood neighborhood across rt 144 from Spring Ridge so he's not exactly living in an underprivileged situation.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    This kid was reportedly picked up Saturday morning for a drug offense and released on personal recognizance that morning, then went and did this shooting. And he does live in an upscale neighborhood neighborhood across rt 144 from Spring Ridge so he's not exactly living in an underprivileged situation.

He is just another one of those middle class, gangsta, wannabe thugs. First world problems. In all seriousness, it is the lack of discipline and good parenting that are the root cause of this. If that kid serves a day in jail, he will learn the hard, cold facts of life, very quickly.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    According to WUSA9 the gun used was a BB/pellet gun. Whatever FNP writes has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom