• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar1131

Jan 31, 2013
    Where is the group buy section located? I'm probably being laughed at for asking this

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Just received mine.. I would say it's an average quality case at best. I think if we could get the price down to 40-45.00 ish it would be worth purchasing more.

bangbangbye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2012
    agreed. it is a $60 case, not a $60 pelican case. More like a Thin Plano type plastic case where they removed the dimpled foam and unceremoniously jammed in some closed cell 2" that was laser cut in a more or less AR-15 shape. That said, i am not unhappy with my purchase. works fine for what i will use it for and what i paid for it. But if you think you are getting a pelican type case for $60, you aren't. This case is similar to what you see at dick's for the same price with a little nicer foam. I would buy another if it suited my needs. It is a good looking case. But kinda flimsy. hinges and clasps are flimsy. I was kinda disappointed when I first got it, but it is growing on me.

Attachments

• IMG_0118.jpg
      IMG_0118.jpg
      55.6 KB · Views: 185

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    So what you're saying is that it will protect your rifle from a 3 foot drop but not a 30 foot drop.

I think I'll stick to the soft cases. I like that I can sling them over my shoulder and they don't take up as much space. If anyone is interested in a nice soft case, Midway has a decent one for $30. It has 4 mag pouches built in as well. It's not crazy nice but It's easily worth the $30 I paid. I see no problem with it holding up.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939239907/midwayusa-tactical-rifle-case-with-6-pockets

nosdog2

Jan 9, 2013
    Got mine in as well, I have to agree with the guys above. Still happy with this purchase and I cut my foam shorter on the barrel end to 'hold' the gun in place a bit more.

bangbangbye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2012
    I have most type of cases. Some may remember my "Prince" tennis racket case. Different cases for different situations. This case is positioned between a soft 30-40 dollar case and a 100-200 dollar hard case. if that is what you are looking for, check it out. again, it seems to be growing on me. definitely looks nice sitting there.

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    Posted a thorough review in first post. Thanks to the rest of you guys that did get one that replied. Please post your overall
    :thumbsup::tdown:
    As to whether or not you recommend this for the group buy.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I guess they are both buying the same case and just cutting them? I wonder if you can find the case uncut and just cut it yourself.

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    Warsport is getting them from patriot cases. If you want it with uncut foam patriot can take care of that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom