• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    That is very nice.

Shame we cant use the Sampson factory folder reissues on a 14, should be ok on a 30 but a 14 would be enumerated in statute.

Maybe someone here can clarify, would the Sampson folder be gtg if the Mini-14 was owned prior to 2013? Does it matter if the Mini-14 was previously in a folding stock?

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    Maybe someone here can clarify, would the Sampson folder be gtg if the Mini-14 was owned prior to 2013? Does it matter if the Mini-14 was previously in a folding stock?

Just to clarify for anyone looking for one of these, it is spelled Samson (no P).

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    The beauty of a Mini-14 is if you miss the target with your fired round, you have somewhat of a chance of hitting it with the flying brass :/....lol

RJRjr

Aug 26, 2017
    cecil county

I was wondering the same thing. I have a blued tactical that I swapped out the synthetic stock for the wood factory stock. Also have a stainless one that I bought in 2010 that I would like to put the Samson folder on.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    The beauty of a Mini-14 is if you miss the target with your fired round, you have somewhat of a chance of hitting it with the flying brass :/....lol

Well, I'll go ahead and leave this here. It's a.... target error analysis guide... Yeaaah, that's the ticket...

k1Vq6ti.png

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Well, I'll go ahead and leave this here. It's a.... target error analysis guide... Yeaaah, that's the ticket...

k1Vq6ti.png

I understand the older mini-14's had a problem with accuracy but I have one from 09 that I put a Redfield 3x9x40 on top of and I have no complaints. While it's no tack driver, I have had no problem killing chicken-thieving foxes year after year.
    Finding the spent brass is stil a problem Lol

twybyll

Jan 20, 2021
    MD
    Grain on the right pic is gorgeous. And the left side's parallel grain orientation helps give better strength to the stock overall. Nice!

tailgunner

Oct 18, 2013
    PAsadena Md.
    Yes it does look better in wood. I swapped mine out for an archangel for a more military look. I hate that plastic handguard that came with original gun, looking for a wood guard that makes it look more like the big brother M14.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    that walnut looks sharp. How much $

Yes it does look better in wood. I swapped mine out for an archangel for a more military look. I hate that plastic handguard that came with original gun, looking for a wood guard that makes it look more like the big brother M14.

This one came from Accuracy Systems.

I put a screen capture of the website earlier in this thread.

I am very happy with it as is a Buddy with the one he got from them for his Mini-30.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    And just think , back in the day , Mini-14 used to sell for half to 2/3 the price of AR-15 .

But alas , Mini prices kept pace with inflation , while AR prices massively dropped in real $ terms .

I've always said Mini's were quite worthwhile , as long as you considered them their own platform , with its own pluses and minuses , and not just a " funny looking imitation AR " .

Yes sir you are correct, most of the ones here are wood. early 180 series (early 70's) blued, some stainless with wood 182 series, have some "plastic" stocked "folders their ok, but prefer wood "look"

-Rock

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    IDK -I think the stainless steel black synthetic stock Mini's look sharp. I saw one at Engage but it was $1200. And that seems to be the going price.

That's the issue for me, the cost; every time I make another firearms-related purchase, there is always something "better" to spend my money on. The Mini-14 has never made the cut for me when it comes to price versus value-added. If it sold for $750 I would buy one.

Seriously, you have $1200; would you rather have a nice 30 cal suppressor, or a Mini-14? I ended up buying the can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom