• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    I live in a fairly rural area in southern PG county. And apparently PG county lets officers who live within the county take their patrol cars home when their shift is over. And for whatever reason the area I live in is very popular with the police, so there are a number of police cars parked in driveways in the area at any given time, including at my next door neighbor's house when he is off shift.

This has the predictable effect of completely stopping fake solicitors from coming around. Still get the local VFD coming around once per year, and we write them a check just because, you know, we'd want their best effort if we ever did have a fire or medical emergency.

Anyway, it's great living next door to LE. Something I might look for again when we are in a position to move out of MD.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    The speed at which I moved was impressive. The rifle came off its rack, to my shoulder, I cleared the corner and it was leveled on the door, my finger on the bolt release. No further activity and after about 20 seconds at the ready, I approached the door at the low ready and saw the pair moving to the next door neighbor's house.

Matt
    Wow. You're just a regular neighborhood Rambo. I'm seriously impressed! (I'm actually not.) Everyone better watch out if the war comes to Edgewater. :rolleyes:

Can you say, "overkill?" I seriously doubt if those two guys were planning a home invasion. More likely looking just trying to slide some advertising materials in your door, but damn! I'm sure glad you're at the ready for whatever may come your way! I'm pretty sure that merely opening the door and sternly asking, "can I help you?" would have been a more appropriate response, unless of course you're Gecko45.

And why in God's name did you call the police? Did you actually witness them doing anything shady? No - you didn't. Are you paranoid? I mean yeah - we should all definitely keep an eye out for shady stuff in our neighborhoods, but all of that, "the speed at which I moved," and "I cleared the corner and it was leveled on the door," and "I approached the door at the low ready," when you live in suburbia.... I mean, seriously? If you lived in inner-city Baltimore, Detroit or Chicago, ok...but you don't. You live in EDGEWATER. :rolleyes: :lol2:

Sheesh.

Last edited:

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    Very Pleased with my response

dog1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads