• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctortoxic

The Dose Makes The Poison
    Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    Anyway of finding out what bills were crossed over? I’ve been following the MSI tracker and going to the MDGA website and haven’t seen much with regard to 2A legislation crossing over.

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    MSI has the complete info. Join up, help the cause and stay informed. It’s that simple.

Agree completely!

I think you can get their emails without even signing up if you are cheap.

That's correct. You can sign up on MSI's website, using the following link:

https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/legislation-tracker/2-uncategorised/56-our-mailing-list

Or, if you'd prefer to sign up in person, stop by the MSI table, while you're supporting your local gun show.

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    Anyway of finding out what bills were crossed over? I’ve been following the MSI tracker and going to the MDGA website and haven’t seen much with regard to 2A legislation crossing over.

Besides the tracking method you mentioned, a crude way to check this would be to check the list of all bills pertaining to subject: guns and see which bills prefixed with SB are in the house and which with HB are in the senate

https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Legislation/SubjectIndex/guns?ys=2021RS

Doctortoxic

Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Most of us working voluntarily for the 2A organizations (MSRPA in my case) only update trackers when there is actual movement of the bills.

Remember - NOTHING is off the table until the gavels fall on Sine Die. The MGA can and will play games until that magic hour...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Doctortoxic

Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    Most of us working voluntarily for the 2A organizations (MSRPA in my case) only update trackers when there is actual movement of the bills.

Remember - NOTHING is off the table until the gavels fall on Sine Die. The MGA can and will play games until that magic hour...

Right. I was referring to the MDGA site not being updated. Would be nice for this scumbags to pull their POS legislation if they don’t intend on even giving it a committee report.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line

Quoted for emphasis. The only thing that matters is 12:01 AM 13 April 2021.

To quote Mark Twain quoting Gideon Tucker ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gideon_J._Tucker )

"No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the Legislature is in session."

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Right. I was referring to the MDGA site not being updated. Would be nice for this scumbags to pull their POS legislation if they don’t intend on even giving it a committee report.

The MDGA website is updated, The bills only get updated if there is a vote on them out of committee, or a floor vote. We really only need to be concerned with them when votes start to happen and they move.

Doctortoxic

Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    Quoted for emphasis. The only thing that matters is 12:01 AM 13 April 2021.

To quote Mark Twain quoting Gideon Tucker ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gideon_J._Tucker )

"No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the Legislature is in session."

Again, yes. I understand that. What I was looking for is a little more transparency from MDGA on where these pending bills are.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Given that the Rules Committee can do pretty much what they wish , but what , if any, HAS crossed over in the conventional manner ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom