• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    I have actually used golf gloves. I find the fingers very slim/ form fitting and the thin material gives me good feels on the trigger.

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    I have actually used golf gloves. I find the fingers very slim/ form fitting and the thin material gives me good feels on the trigger.

I don't doubt that, at all. Assuming the fingertips and seams are done well, I'd expect golf gloves would provide excellent dexterity, and would feel like you're wearing almost nothing.

How well do they hold up for you, when you use them to shoot?

(The reason i ask, is that I've had a few pairs of golf gloves wear holes in the palms, just from friction with the club grips. So, that makes me wonder how they'd do with rough edges and hard use.)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Driving gloves would also work.

Problem is, when I need gloves, it is because it is cold. And gloves that will keep my hands warm are too thick to shoot with.

Kirkster

Jan 9, 2009
    Severn, PRoMD
    I also use the pig gloves. The added bonus of them being touch screen sensitive is nice. I have overly large hands and they are great. Enough dexterity to pick single cartridges out of the blue 100 round boxes

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    +1 to post #43. When it is that cold out I use thin gloves and a mitten or handwarmer to keep the gloved hand in until it is time to shoot.

In cool/cold weather during matches, I put handwarmers in the grip frame of the pistol and put my coat or jacket over it.

Last edited:

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    my 8 year old neighbor told me "you are a man, you don't need gloves". he's right ya know

if shooting ARs all day, a little tape on the right middle finger and left trigger finger.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Mechanix fast fit in multicam. I have a pair in my range bag and a pair in my hunting pack. They aren't the most robust protection, but pretty good to stop basic abrasions, thorns, etc. Improves grip some. Reduced damage from when my hand or fingers get slammed in something. I used a non-multicam pair for home renovations for a year or so before they fell apart. Which to me is fairly good acclaim. They lasted most of the major home renovation and addition I built on my house before the stitching started to let go. Not a few oil changes on the car or something. Just check their sizing guide and measure your hand for best fit. They fit great (large) for me. They are thin enough I can squeeze them in to most of the winter gloves I have. Though I typically wear merino wool liners in my winter gloves. Comfortable hunting down to upper 40s if sitting. around freezing if actively hunting. Fine in summer temperatures too.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Duluth trading framers gloves
    25 bucks.

Attachments

• 210AACE7-CA46-4329-B026-00FC5B0DEE17.jpeg
      210AACE7-CA46-4329-B026-00FC5B0DEE17.jpeg
      17.6 KB · Views: 127

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I don't use gloves unless it's cold out, but when it is, basic Mechanix gloves have served me well. I'm wearing them in a video review I did of a TTC I got years ago:

Mind you, the TTC is definitely a bit more forgiving in things like trigger guard size etc. They also worked very well with my Argentine FAL.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Do we still like the Pig gloves mentioned up thread from way back when? That's what my LGS mentioned a while ago, too.

I really don't want to add much bulk, but I'd like a little something between my skin and the hammer of my 1911. It's ok shooting a little bit...but I think a whole steel match would leave me pretty raw. :o

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I'm in the same boat. I've tried Hatch, Blackhawk, and a couple pairs of surplus gloves, but I go back to the Mechanix gloves because they're just so damn comfy.

I spent two days this past weekend shooting a defensive pistol class in Mechanix FastFit gloves. I really liked them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    Do we still like the Pig gloves mentioned up thread from way back when? That's what my LGS mentioned a while ago, too.

I really don't want to add much bulk, but I'd like a little something between my skin and the hammer of my 1911. It's ok shooting a little bit...but I think a whole steel match would leave me pretty raw. :o

As I'd mentioned above, I like them.

If you'd like to give 'em a spin, I've got a pair that you're welcome to borrow.

Eastwind

Nice!
    May 3, 2020
    I don't use gloves unless it's cold out, but when it is, basic Mechanix gloves have served me well. I'm wearing them in a video review I did of a TTC I got years ago:

Mind you, the TTC is definitely a bit more forgiving in things like trigger guard size etc. They also worked very well with my Argentine FAL.

This :thumbsup:

I just use a pair of Mechanix that my dad gave me, they work fine. I just like how handy they are. They sure last a lot longer than the "tactical" gloves I bought at my range.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    I like the regular Mechanix gloves as well. I have a few and use them for a number of different things in the winter. They are pretty tough, but even if they do get worn out, they aren't too expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom