• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Usually at least 2. If i have some sort of mechanical issue that can't be easily fixed, I'd rather be able to keep shooting and fix the issue later.

If rifles, again usually 2 for th

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Indoor range, 2-3 pistols to practice.
    When at our W V property, pretty much everything I own plus whatever I can borrow. However I'm usually there for 3- 6 days and shoot most everyday while there:)

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    It all depends on how long I plan on staying at the range. A quick trip, I may only bring a couple of handguns and a couple of rifles. A longer trip, I may bring two to three times that amount. A range day with a theme may also dictate how many guns I bring to the range. This past weekend, I was introducing a new shooter to handguns. I brought eight handguns and no rifles.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    At most 2.

I've personally witnessed people leave firearms on the range because they packed too much in and lost track of things.

1 rifle - owner came back pretty quick.

1 handgun - owner didn't return after an hour and a half, handgun was dropped off at local MSP barracks.

Hjaalmarch

Jan 7, 2014
    I bring pistol & rifle, and my C&R friend usually brings two as well. I don't see the point of only bringing one. Rangetime is rangetime.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    My usual "load" is 2 rifles & 3 pistols, although occasionally fewer. It's about an hour travel time to the range for me, and I'll spend all morning (or afternoon) shooting so I want to make it worth my while for the travel time.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Depends on the reason for going to the range.

Fun day, where I'm just sending lead down range, it could be as many as 6 firearms.

Serious day, where I've just worked up a specific load for specific rifle, I take just 1 firearm.

Never been able to mix the two. I like to get into a zone on serious day and just slooooow dooooown.

338lapua09

Feb 7, 2013
    3rd rock from sun
    Good to see the 2A celebrations an time spent with family an friends. ..
    God Bless America.

For me 5plus of each R/P depends on how I feel...looking to go long range this year so 2 rifles. three if that next big one makes it home.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    If I have an hour, it is 1 or 2 rifles. When I have 2+ which is very rare, I bring 4. When I go with friends that have handguns, I bring 2, cause that is all I have.

If I have most of the day or say morning, I may bring all of my rifles save for the duplicates. Like I am NOT bringing 2 Ruger 10/22s or my daughters bolt action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom