• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    My fiance is considering keeping the Ruger SR9 that she bad stashed in the safe at a family members and i was hopin for some feedback. Versua a Glock or M&P. Thanks!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Different guns.

I think they SR9 and 9C have their place, but, they're no Glock.

If she can rack and shoot it with some consistency, I'd go with it.:thumbsup:

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    HEY!!! Bite your tongue... I qualified on my Sigma($200 noise maker)just this past weekend... As for the SR9... my son has a SR45... basically same gun... I don't care for it so much... I handed the Sigma to another student that wasn't real happy with feel of the G17... she said the Sigma felt better in her small hands.:shrug:

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I never owned an SR9, but I have fired one a few times.
    It seemed solid enough, decent trigger and I liked the grip size and shape better than my Glocks.
    I think the grip would suit smaller hands better than Glocks.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I spent some time researching last year. Ended up with the XDS in 45, great idea until two months later they had a major recall.

I think the XDS in 9MM is probably a great choice for a female too. The SR9 and 9C are very widely reviewed, up to and including 10K round updates.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    My first handgun at 21? Ruger P95DC,.....phuk yeah! Thing is a lead sled, all but shoots itself.

mdram

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2011
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    keep it

rugers are inexpensive and built like tanks

and they customer service, if its ever needed, is said to be some of the best

i have the p95, predecessor to the sr series as i prefer hammers over strikers

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    almost in a way reminds me of the Colt/Kimber/RI/Ruger 1911's I have let others shoot my Ruger SR1911 and they are amazed at the fit, finish, and accuracy of it.

Rugers a heck of a value, well built, accurate, best customer service. That said the S&W M&P series is hard to beat.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I think the XDS in 9MM is probably a great choice for a female too. The SR9 and 9C are very widely reviewed, up to and including 10K round updates.

I have a XDm compact and a XDs, both in 9mm. I find the m to have a much better trigger and to be much easier to shoot accurately. The S is of course much better to carry, but for an occasional shooter if ccw is not an issue, the M or a regular XD are better choices.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Sr9 is a good gun, but keep in mind, it doesn't have any take-up if she were in a stress situation. It's more like a 1911 trigger. My 9c is like that, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom