• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Something that I think needs to be considered that really weighed on this election and helped to determine the outcome as much as anything else was low voter turnout.

Consider the following numbers:

Election2002
    KKT---813422
    BE---879592
    Total---1695016

Election2006
    MOM---942279
    BE---825464
    Total---1769749

Election 2010
    MOM---1044961
    BE---776319
    Total---1823290

Election2014
    AB---771242
    LH---847,280
    Total---1620536

That's in the neighborhood of 200,000 voters between 2010 and 2014 who didn't bother to show up at all.

The Republican voter numbers, with the exception of 2010, has been pretty consistent, and it would seem that with MOM's ballooned numbers in 2010 that Republicans still had a similar turnout - they just voted for MOM, further boosting his numbers.

This year even fewer voted than back in 2002, and that by itself speaks volumes.
    Maybe those 200,000 moved out of MD :D

HiballHiside

Apr 10, 2013
    the time to challenge these individuals is durring the primary. some places are more full of people that will vote for anything with a D in front of it. in those places the election that matters is the primary. if you can un seat an incumbent durring the primary, durring the next election you will get an R or I or L to oppose the new D.

Yeah, i loved the flappy yellow signs that said "vote for the democrats"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    One of the big problems that I saw was that all the delegates in Montgomery County had "F" ratings from NRA but no one opposed them. We need to have candidates to oppose them even if they do no campaigning other than a web site and possess a high NRA rating. The lack of any challengers just creates an invincible attitude.

Same here in PG County... I was amazed at the number of democrats running unopposed...:sad20:

Jasen

Molon Labe
    Jul 30, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    I hate to be the guy who burst the bubbles but Marylanders are not getting CCW's.

He specifically said he is not going to make any changes to the laws that allow citizens in good standings to get permits. Mds only hope for real change was Quinn for Gov.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    I hate to be the guy who burst the bubbles but Marylanders are not getting CCW's.

He specifically said he is not going to make any changes to the laws that allow citizens in good standings to get permits. Mds only hope for real change was Quinn for Gov.

I hate to burst your bubble but the entire 2A debate was not what influenced this election. We got lucky in that enough people were pissed off about taxes and other government stupid to turn out to the polls and say "Enough!" The 2A community may have contributed some votes but we were not the biggest force in this election. Expecting magical results from a relatively small input into the decision is going to be counterproductive to the long term struggle to restore our rights. Quinn, if he even won in some delusional libertarian dream, could do no more for us than Hogan.

What it is going to take is some patience, some smart thinking, and a whole hell of a lot more work than we have put forth so far.

Jasen

Molon Labe
    Jul 30, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    I hate to burst your bubble but the entire 2A debate was not what influenced this election. We got lucky in that enough people were pissed off about taxes and other government stupid to turn out to the polls and say "Enough!" The 2A community may have contributed some votes but we were not the biggest force in this election. Expecting magical results from a relatively small input into the decision is going to be counterproductive to the long term struggle to restore our rights. Quinn, if he even won in some delusional libertarian dream, could do no more for us than Hogan.

What it is going to take is some patience, some smart thinking, and a whole hell of a lot more work than we have put forth so far.

I know that but if you listen to what people are saying on this site they think CCWs are coming soon. Its just not gonna happen.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I know that but if you listen to what people are saying on this site they think CCWs are coming soon. Its just not gonna happen.

Allow me to help.

Many of these people are not so much expecting CC, as much as they are demanding the push start now.

Those of us (and there need to be more) who have been on the inside know better than to think it can simply be wished into existence based on a 2-day old election.

[Demand] in haste, regret at leisure.

Just because folks demand something, doesn't make it do-able or sensible.

Yes, we should be allowed our say, but there's a whole lot more understanding that needs to happen before we get to the next GA session.

Jasen

Molon Labe
    Jul 30, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    Allow me to help.

Many of these people are not so much expecting CC, as much as they are demanding the push start now.

Those of us (and there need to be more) who have been on the inside know better than to think it can simply be wished into existence based on a 2-day old election.

[Demand] in haste, regret at leisure.

Just because folks demand something, doesn't make it do-able or sensible.

Yes, we should be allowed our say, but there's a whole lot more understanding that needs to happen before we get to the next GA session.

What makes everyone think he is going to try and start the process for it if he said he is not. In his interview he said that he will not make it easier for law byding citizens.

Let me just say I have a Utah permit and i want a Md one. I am not happy about the election results but i am happy Brown did not win.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Quinn wouldn't have done much better....

Mr H

Banana'd
    What makes everyone think he is going to try and start the process for it if he said he is not. In his interview he said that he will not make it easier for law byding citizens.

Let me just say I have a Utah permit and i want a Md one. I am not happy about the election results but i am happy Brown did not win.

It's in how you read Hogan's words within the context of a fragile election.

IMO, everything he said is technically correct, and means something more beyond that context.

But again... This is merely my own opinion, based on my own interactions up and down the line.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    A law change is not required to allow CCW issuance to citizens. An order from the Gov to MSP is all that is required.

Jasen

Molon Labe
    Jul 30, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    My arguement for Quinn is just that I would hope more 2a guys would want to vote for a candidate who said he is for eliminating the AR band and ccws for citizens.

Im prob just not good at pandering to the electorates in MD.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    :thumbsup:

Let's get Hogan another 4 years, and send Frosh packing. Those are the two things I'd most want to see.

Let's all not forget that in 2 years we have Congressional seats again.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    My arguement for Quinn is just that I would hope more 2a guys would want to vote for a candidate who said he is for eliminating the AR band and ccws for citizens.

Im prob just not good at pandering to the electorates in MD.

If more 2A guys voted for Quinn we would very likely have brown as a governor. Even if Quinn had won what could he really do? Change in MD won't happen quickly. Baby steps. Let the people realize Hogan isn't the baby killer the Brown campaign tried to make him out to be.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I would like to propose we put together a 2A gathering\event in Annapolis in the next couple weeks. Sooner the better, while the iron is hot! Have MSI coordinate the event. We need to show Annapolis that we're an organized group within Maryland politics and must be taken seriously... plus a bit of a victory lap ;)

Slow down a bit, there is no need to take a hard victory lap, and doing so, may do more harm than good in the long run.

There are a lot of new faces on both sides of the aisle and the organizations need to get in front of them for a couple of minutes and introduce ourselves and see what can be done.

Showing up, en masse in Annapolis, when no one is there really does nothing. Showing up in Annapolis when no one is there, celebrating and gloating, will only make our community look like a bunch of asses.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I surrendered my badge to fight for the rights of our citizens. I am relentless in my pursuit to right the ship. This election has given us a small step forward. I would do anything that was in the best interest of everyone. Governor Hogan has much to consider when weighing his options for key government support positions. To stop sounding like a politician...Hell yes!!!

LOL, and that is the Jack McCauley I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom