• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Unless a commit to buy was established, I guess you were playing with fire. I have hit THAT button when the seller had multiple items for sale. I figured, that's how you are to buy things on this forum. The seller can always adjust his ad and repost it without the item you bought.

Always use the commit to buy button.
    Jim Smith

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    OP, could be worse.

Had an ad up, guy asked me to close/commit it to him, so I did. Agreed upon a meet date/time/place, buyer said he couldn't make it that day but the following day was good.

Long story short, I made a 140+ mile round-trip drive, total of 4 hours of my time between driving and waiting on the buyer (waited 45 minutes before leaving).

No show, no PM, nothing. Undecided on my course of action, this was last week and this is the first I've brought it up on MDS.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    OP, could be worse.

Had an ad up, guy asked me to close/commit it to him, so I did. Agreed upon a meet date/time/place, buyer said he couldn't make it that day but the following day was good.

Long story short, I made a 140+ mile round-trip drive, total of 4 hours of my time between driving and waiting on the buyer (waited 45 minutes before leaving).

No show, no PM, nothing. Undecided on my course of action, this was last week and this is the first I've brought it up on MDS.

Who was it or it never happened.............

Before I made THAT trip I would have called and verified.... you leavin yet?????

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Who was it or it never happened.............

Before I made THAT trip I would have called and verified.... you leavin yet?????

A member that's been here since 2010, so I'll withhold outing them just yet. This may jog their memory and prompt a resolution to the issue.

Normally I try to make contact before making any trip to meet with a buyer, but that only works when I'm given contact info to use.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Do find it interesting that there's no been no word from the prospective buyer in almost a week concerning the sale that was arranged.

Eh, slightly annoying but not worth losing sleep over IMO.

Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    I would like to buy 1 drum please. Maybe when I get better at them I can add another drum. Does that come with a drumstick? If I get better and can handle 2 drumsticks, will that work on 1 drum? I'm also looking for a double-barrel shotgun, but would prefer to start with only one barrel and add the 2nd later. Do you have one? How about a price break if I buy 1 drum, 1 drumstick, and the left half of a double barrel shotgun?

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Do find it interesting that there's no been no word from the prospective buyer in almost a week concerning the sale that was arranged.

Eh, slightly annoying but not worth losing sleep over IMO.

Welp. you take things a LOT lighter than I. As I said here 1,000 times over........ buyers are liars. I take it you never made a living doing sales. It only takes a couple times of hiring a babysitter to go in on your day off to realize there are liars and ******** artist. The fact that he's been a member since 2010 would mean nothing to me when he cost me both time and money. I do NOT pull an ad until its sold or I know he's for real.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Welp. you take things a LOT lighter than I. As I said here 1,000 times over........ buyers are liars. I take it you never made a living doing sales. It only takes a couple times of hiring a babysitter to go in on your day off to realize there are liars and ******** artist. The fact that he's been a member since 2010 would mean nothing to me when he cost me both time and money. I do NOT pull an ad until its sold or I know he's for real.

The time and fuel wasted does aggravate me some, but not enough to get all spun up over. I forgive, but I don't forget.

I look at it as a learning experience. It was only a matter of time till there was a not-so-great experience when buying/selling thru the classifieds here. Hadn't been burned yet so I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

In hindsight, I'm kinda glad the deal didn't happen, I'm happier keeping the item I was going to sell.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I had a recent deal with a guy from MDS who commited to a purchase and then took 2 or 3 days to get back to me. I almost relisted the item. When he contacted me he apologised profusely....he had been in the hospital for a couple days. You never know....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom