• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    It's kind of all of a sudden...last Sunday shooting steel at Delta I seemed to shoot better. I did IDPA at AAFG yesterday and there was a marked improvement.

I can shoot!

Been into guns for 23 months, shooting IDPA for a year and it's finally coming together for me. Thanks for every tip from here and the guys at AAFG, (Allen) for molding me. I can pass along to others this: weak hand support is a big part of handgun shooting...at least for me it has been.

:D:D:D

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    Congrats! it's a great feeling when the shooting fundamentals all falls into place.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    Beginners Luck....J/k

great job!

HAHAHA...I had the beginners luck then everything went down hill from there. :lol2: It's worse when the buzzer goes off. Somehow I've learned to relax at a match.

I had to: learn the gun, the grip, watch the front site, breath and go slow, because slow is smooth and smooth is fast...all the while keeping a mind on safety.

This is not to say I'm a Master, far from it, but I'm now at the beginning. :sad20: ->but I'm over the intro hump.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    Next: 3 gun. Your life will never be your own, again.

I fear that, yet I keep it as a goal. ;)

There's a stripped lower coming to me from Spikes in a group buy. It will take a year or more to build with the way my finances go. That will give me enough time to improve my handgunning to beginner 102.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    Patty and I alsways knew you could do it!

Thanks for the help at the Women On Target events too!

I really like Women On Target...I'll be out there Saturday with my shotgun for that phase of the events. I believe in giving women the skill with firearms for their safety. Took a long-time gal pal to the range last Saturday for just that reason...and the fact she really wants to learn about how to use guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom