MSP telling a dealer SCAR's are regulated??

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Was present in a LGS today and they were having a problem with MSP over transferring a SCAR. Someone at MSP was telling them it was regulated. The dealer had reportedly even argued it was not on the list, and were being told that the AG's Office was "classifying" it as regulated.

I don't have a lot of other details and am not sure if this is yet another case of someone making stuff up as they go along, or if the AG really is trying to pull a fast one on what's regulated in the final two weeks before Unconstitutional Bill 281 takes effect. Just posted here as a heads up.

For those who aren't familiar, SCAR's are not on the list and not even close to even looking like a "copy" of anything on it.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    They (MSP) need to knock this sh*t off. Trying to intimidate dealers before the law has even taken effect. They can't just change their minds after years of letting them go as unregulated. Seems like they are doing this with all kinds of stuff lately.

TheRealSundance

AK47..All you need
    Oct 21, 2008
    Was present in a LGS today and they were having a problem with MSP over transferring a SCAR. Someone at MSP was telling them it was regulated. The dealer had reportedly even argued it was not on the list, and were being told that the AG's Office was "classifying" it as regulated.

I don't have a lot of other details and am not sure if this is yet another case of someone making stuff up as they go along, or if the AG really is trying to pull a fast one on what's regulated in the final two weeks before Unconstitutional Bill 281 takes effect. Just posted here as a heads up.

For those who aren't familiar, SCAR's are not on the list and not even close to even looking like a "copy" of anything on it.

Why were they talking to MSP? Call nics and transfer like any unregulated rifle.

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    Well... just like my SIG 556 that was "deemed regulated" and registered by MDSP... like the non colt sporter heavy barreled AR that was "deemed regualted"... and like the AR10 that was "deemed regualted"... there is (now) no consistency with the law or even interpretation of the law.

My question is, and has been, what happens to the thousands of unregulated regulated long guns in the state Post-Octo1?

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    LOL, there is a member here whose SCAR was being held up by another dealer. I had the customer call MSP who them called the dealer and said "release the rifle, it is NOT regulated."

Interesting development.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    You know, if the people who know anything are working on the backlog, and the neophytes are on the phones they might just default to ' regulated' since its the safe default if you do not know.

Watchful waiting.....

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    You know, if the people who know anything are working on the backlog, and the neophytes are on the phones they might just default to ' regulated' since its the safe default if you do not know.

Watchful waiting.....

Agree. A lot of confused people at the MSP right now.

EHS1976

Mar 28, 2013
    USA
    haha - ain't that the truth!

Yep, let MD turn bluer and move to PA, VA, or WV to turn them redder. I think they will just deflect most of the public comments to the regulations to implement SB281. The course is already predetermined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom