• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Thanks everyone I think I like the idea of the SCR > federal charges ..
    I would donate a lot of money to this cause.

A win here would be the next Heller decision taking the types of weapons they could restrict off the table--That would be awesome.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    OK got to ask....What's wrong with the Fightlite (formerly ARES) SCR? I own 2. In fact I was the person responsible in Maryland for their MSP approval, as I purchased the first one they, or my FFL had ever seen. It's a sweet shooter, legal and a fine option if a "real" AR is not an option. They will accept any AR15 caliber upper, they accept AR15 mags, they are completely customizable light as a feather and very accurate. i have one set up in 300BO and at 125 yards a can cover a 5 round group with a quarter with just a 4 power scouting scope on it.

OH and no need for a heavy barrel either..

Huh, I hadn’t seen those before, but though I love me an AR-15, that is both kind of cool and also a nice FU to california and the couple of other states that don’t allow any evil features.

If they made an AR DPMS pattern compatible version I’d seriously consider that for a deer rifle.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Huh, I hadn’t seen those before, but though I love me an AR-15, that is both kind of cool and also a nice FU to california and the couple of other states that don’t allow any evil features.

If they made an AR DPMS pattern compatible version I’d seriously consider that for a deer rifle.

You can build a DPMS pattern AR-10. I just ordered all the parts to do exactly that for a friend of mine.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    OK got to ask....What's wrong with the Fightlite (formerly ARES) SCR?

They don't have a scary pistol grip!

They look more like a German or Austrian semi-auto hunting rifle than a tacticool faux assault/sniper/cool guy play soldier gun. :lol:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    If all goes well, I'll be building one out after the pig roast. If you'd like to attend the build, let me know.

I wish I could. My wife is out of town that Saturday through Tuesday in business so I have to watch our kids and then I am getting PRK done on my left eye once she is back, which puts me out of commission for a week from driving. :sad20:

At least my other eye should have fantastic vision in a few weeks. Fingers crossed.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Good luck on the operation! Hope you get the SCR. They're comfortable to shoot.

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    first time seeing that. Kinda looks like something Remington would have built. Like the pump version 7615 but they used a real Upper. Nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom