• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scribe556

Apr 3, 2009
    Hi all,

I took my new FDE CZ P10C out to my local indoor range for its first 260 rounds. The short summary up front:

1. It shot all ammo (260 rounds) flawlessly. Zero malfunctions.
    2. It shoots *very* accurately.
    3. Front sight ring could be brighter/bigger.
    4. Trigger needs smoothing out.

First Clean, Lube, and Inspection:
    The striker plate had its 3 O’Clock notch, giving me confidence that the innards are up to date with recent factory upgrades. 2018 slide stamp.
    94a7133bc2a56241162671c979bcb8c7.jpg

5f528114287c2d2779b39ae0a1a4e9d1.jpg

The recoil spring guide is definitely steel.
    391c16ebbde0cb3bf74d118474974d9d.jpg

The rear night sights were just as bright in a very dark room as my Trijicon HD XR, and Ameriglo Idot Pros on 2 of my Glocks. CZ P10C sights are on the right in all pics.
    d3b1854d615036c49fa739dcd31b8522.jpg

e04222b776e8234d016b243eb36adfa3.jpg

However, the orange ring encircling the front sight in normal light leaves much to be desired.
    The Ameriglo Idot Pros certainly give s better big “glow” ring on the front sight (left) as you can see.
    6d8e5075919a278141c64ed049b611fd.jpg

b4b1b427404cc3d8c4241a2a578a7fe1.jpg

Accuracy:
    Here’s a target with sample groups at 7 yards. Upper left is PMC Bronze 124g FMJ. Upper right is Winchester White box 115g FMJ. Lower left is Speer Lawman 124g FMJ. Lower right is Freedom Munitions remanufactured 115g FMJ. Center was Federal HST 124g +p. PMC Bronze made the biggest fireballs! Not even +p, but definitely more zip, more like NATO rounds. My opinion of the ammo is that all grouped well, but visually the Freedom Munitions was a noticeably bigger spread.
    0cdd28236769b0b3477a43a82a7ba57e.jpg

Here is another grainy target pic at 15 yards for all the rest of my shots: 1-, 2-,3-and 4-shot rapid fire groups. A little left handed grip, weak hand only, and strong hand only too.
    cc9d0121d9716856bff51515c72e2cbe.jpg

Here are 10 shots of Federal 115g FMJ aluminum-cased rounds that I had to stop shooting due to a small range fire that kicked up. It was out quick, but I told the RO I wasn’t shooting any more of it.
    ce97d880ab0b69897499c775bc47fae5.jpg

Here a set of both pistols shooting Freedom Munitions. VP9 on lower right. I call it a draw.
    9bc25150b552e7c7f3224aa817d0a5ac.jpg

Perceived Recoil.
    Compared to my VP9, the recoil was just a little bit snappier with most rounds. Not much, and not any amount that anyone would say it’s jumpy. Just noticeable I’d say. Very pleasant to shoot still. While the VP9 has a higher bore axis, the mass of the slides and the recoil springs definitely are creating a different feel.

Ergonomics:
    I love the ergonomics of the grips slightly more than my VP9. Here’s why. I like the very rough texture on the CZ P10C because of the purchase my hand gets to cam the muzzle down. I also like the flat panels of the sides of the grip like Glocks, as they give me a good pointing feel/pointing index. Just me.. I also like the thumb spot for my secondary hand thumb on the frame.
    566c5b2271c80b3505df4a0b20279461.jpg

88fbe1c19f79138ad15db999314c7a62.jpg

Problems: None! Great session with 3 different mags and 6 kinds of Ammo. 260 flawless rounds.

Trigger. My only minor gripe is the trigger. Let me explain in more detail. The feeling I got was that the take up was very clean. When getting to the wall, it was very nice. Once at the trigger wall, I had a good 3/16 of an inch spongy creep before trigger break and ignition. Kind of like a Glock with a smoother uptake. It broke consistently between 4 1/2 and 5 lb over about 20 measurements. I’d say about 4 3/4 lb. average. The reset was nice and short. It was also very audible and highly tactile giving me full info on its state.

Mag release. Mag release let my mags fly out with no perceivable friction or dragging. They flew out easily. The amount of poundage to get my mag release to go was noticeably more than my Glocks, H&Ks, etc. not bad but it takes a pound or two more in my estimation. It was a crisp release though.

Overall. Very happy with it. Love the FDE frame color. Seems reliable for a first batch of various ammo. Just needs a little trigger smoothing. I will dry fire it 1,000 times this weekend. Will work the mag release a few hundred also during TV commercials! If I could, I’d put a Idot Pro or Trijicon HD or HD XR front sight on it.

That’s it! I hope you enjoyed this or maybe even had help in a decision!

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Nice report and shooting! So, your conclusion is that your P-10C performs just as well as your VP9 does. That's not surprising since both are outstanding service pistols.

I don't own any polymer CZ's but, if they're anything like the CZ-75 derivatives I have, the trigger improves with regular usage.

Well done and thank you!

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    I owned a P10C for a few months before getting rid of it. For me it was as accurate as my vp9 but not as comfortable. I’m also a lefty but the Ambi controls didn’t work for me.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Great report and great shooting as well. Thanks for writing the report. I've never owned a CZ but the more I see and read about them, the more convinced I am that one will eventually make it into my collection!

Cal68

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I fondled a P10 at The Machine Gun Nest tonight. It was incredible. I didn’t shoot it but dry fire feels awesome and the sights are awesome.

scribe556

Apr 3, 2009
    Great report!

Small range fire?!?!?! Was this the aluminum rounds or something else?

Yes it was the aluminum cased Winchester FMJ. I think it sparked out a bit of powder that lit up the residual powder on the floor in the seam between concrete slabs.

RO poured a 1/2 bottle of water on it. It was weird. I saw an orange finger tip lit up. Then it became the size of my hand, then in 10 seconds the seam in the concrete was 4-5 feet wide on fire. Very orange low-intensity blaze.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Yes it was the aluminum cased Winchester FMJ. I think it sparked out a bit of powder that lit up the residual powder on the floor in the seam between concrete slabs.

RO poured a 1/2 bottle of water on it. It was weird. I saw an orange finger tip lit up. Then it became the size of my hand, then in 10 seconds the seam in the concrete was 4-5 feet wide on fire. Very orange low-intensity blaze.

:shocked2: :outta her

Never seen that.

Seems like more than just residual powder. Thats a lot of residual powder.

scribe556

Apr 3, 2009
    :shocked2: :outta her

Never seen that.

Seems like more than just residual powder. Thats a lot of residual powder.

Apparently residual powder builds up over time from non burnt grains that are flung out on each shot. When they sweep up the brass, those extra grains get dropped into the seams, waiting for a spark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom