• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local/kick-in-burglaries-spike-in-takoma-dc-112309

Kick-In Burglaries Spike in Takoma DC

Updated: Monday, 23 Nov 2009, 11:28 PM EST
    Published : Monday, 23 Nov 2009, 11:28 PM EST

* Roby Chavez

Roby Chavez
    roby.chavez@foxtv.com

By ROBY CHAVEZ/myfoxdc

WASHINGTON, D.C. - There is an alarming crime spike in one of the quietest neighborhoods in the District. D.C. Police say burglars are kicking in doors while people are still inside in the early-morning hours.

The spree is focused in the Takoma D.C. area of Northwest, and it's all happened within the last few weeks. Neighbors describe daytime break-ins as brazen.

Burglars go to the front door and boldly announce the crime. It's happened three times in the city in the last week-- twice just doors away from Nathan Humphrey and his family's home.

"When they don't get a response, they kick in the door. They went upstairs and yelled, 'Burglary alert!'" said Nathan Humphrey as he explained one incident. (...)

In a neighboring community, another victim writes on the 3rd district blog, "I was awakened by a loud bang and heard someone coming up the stairs. I was greeted by some guy in my bedroom that held a box cutter to his face."

Again the suspect kicked in the doors to get in. (...)

And the kicker:
    Three years ago, this neighborhood saw a similar spike in kick-in burglaries. Many residents have resorted to buying metal doors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom