• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Jlowes in Cecil County is good . John at Gymratz is very customer friendly. Gary (Hog Sniper) at High Rock Outfitters has a good reputation with many of us here!

cdriver24

Jan 10, 2013
    Elkton
    My go to are Top Gun in Fallston and JLowes guns. John is good people and a pleasure to deal with have made multiple purchases from both without issue.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I suppose you’re right. I would have left it alone if it only happened once, we all have bad days. But, in my most recent email interactions, they’ve been just as rude and short. The store is Gymratz. And I’m pretty sure it’s just John, the younger guy. The other folks in the store were total sweethearts, and very kind.

Again, I tried to show I was a serious buyer, and dropped $1400 on my first visit. But, I still got the attitude, and I’m currently still getting it. I was hoping to support my local small business, but this guy obviously doesn’t want it from me. Oh well, there’s others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow I am surprised to hear this. I have called,PM'd and bugged John and never received anything but friendly help. I recently went down to pick up a transfer he did for me, and met his "Uncle" who was very friendly. While it is an hour away, I plan to do more business with him based on my interactions.

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience, I'm curious if this has to do with the LWRC Rifle you purchased and didn't like the color...that you mentioned in another thread ??

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    Wow I am surprised to hear this. I have called,PM'd and bugged John and never received anything but friendly help. I recently went down to pick up a transfer he did for me, and met his "Uncle" who was very friendly. While it is an hour away, I plan to do more business with him based on my interactions.

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience, I'm curious if this has to do with the LWRC Rifle you purchased and didn't like the color...that you mentioned in another thread ??

It started with the LWRC. I’ve inquired about another rifle, hoping it was just a one time bad experience, but, it’s not. Again, everything was great at the first visit, and the others in the store were very friendly. John must not like me. It’s ok.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    My go to LGS was "That" one in Silver Spring but ever since I saw that they were keeping the Glock Blue Box deal that Glock is offering to All Vet till labor day quite because they make less on a Blue Box sale , So you have to ask before they'll tell you about it , I don't think that's Respectful to a Veteran and it's only one gun it's not like your tapping a golden vain .
    When the last of the Old crew left ,Dale and Carl so went there integrity and a lot of knowledge , So now I just do a walk through on my way to eat . I've been going to United to buy anything , Next June my contact is done at work and it's back to Tennessee to retire early .

chipd

May 20, 2017
    swinokur, that is a nice ideal view of the world. i just like to tell people what they want to hear when i need their attention. works wonders. i never walk into a gun store without spending money so they don't end up remembering me as a liar.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I tend to like the person selling out of the snowball truck near MLK blvd , lots of flavors and sizes .

But seriously i have not bought a gun in a year or so , just have not had the need and desire to spend money . I know i am not well :o

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    I never had a problem with Atlantic but I'd been shopping there since old George was running the place and I shot with a bunch of the employees. There was a period when I lived much farther from the Rockville store than I had before and only got over there once a year or so. Eventually staff changed and I got a little ignored by the new staff until I'd ask for Bill or Bob then the tune would change.

Gun Rack, never had a use for them. Corey was a know it all that actually knew dick and the fat **** that sniffed at everything that wasn't his cup of tea were complete turn offs.

Only went to Engage a few times, just wasn't convenient to me but in general they seemed cool. The last visit the former Gun Rack fat **** was working there.

2A Sales on the other hand always treated me well and everyone I saw in there was treated well. I was admittedly GOBC in that store but that's pretty much going to happen when you drop $15K/year in one store. That said if I was just BSing with one of the guys and another customer wanted to plunk down his money, by all means help that guy spend his money.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    GymRatz !?! If I had to name one LGS , it is the one most praised by New Wave gun buyers for the customer service . In every one of my frequent visits, everone through the door is bombarded by friendliness and helpfulness .

From the post in this thread , the gripe seems to be about email primarily . Multiple times John has mentioned the best means of rapid communication is thru PM, and email would likely be delayed in response .

While it is overall a family business , John is the de facto proprietor of the firearms half of the store . Without John starting up the gun counter , Gym Ratz would have remained a vitamin store .

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    GymRatz !?! If I had to name one LGS , it is the one most praised by New Wave gun buyers for the customer service . In every one of my frequent visits, everone through the door is bombarded by friendliness and helpfulness .

From the post in this thread , the gripe seems to be about email primarily . Multiple times John has mentioned the best means of rapid communication is thru PM, and email would likely be delayed in response .

While it is overall a family business , John is the de facto proprietor of the firearms half of the store . Without John starting up the gun counter , Gym Ratz would have remained a vitamin store .

Told you guys you’d be surprised! Again, I can call the first bad experience maybe just a bad day. But the VERY short email responses? It really sounded like I was bothering him. If he doesn’t need $1100 for another rifle, it’s fine. I’ll be sure to buy from the next place.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016

I guess there's a first time for everything, even something silly as feeling slighted by, perhaps, the one IP that has NEVER had anything but positive feedback from the MDS community. Pardon me, OP, if I have a hard time taking you seriously. There have just been too many reports of the exact opposite.

My one and only purchase from John at Gym Ratz was fast, easy, painless and he even took the time to let me sample some of the nutritional products he also sells. I rate Gym Ratz 10 out of 10 - would shop there again!

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    I guess there's a first time for everything, even something silly as feeling slighted by, perhaps, the one IP that has NEVER had anything but positive feedback from the MDS community. Pardon me, OP, if I have a hard time taking you seriously. There have just been too many reports of the exact opposite.

My one and only purchase from John at Gym Ratz was fast, easy, painless and he even took the time to let me sample some of the nutritional products he also sells. I rate Gym Ratz 10 out of 10 - would shop there again!

Did he special order it for you as a certain color, then when it arrives as a different color say “ you looked at the picture “ ??

Did he special order it for you as a certain color, then when it arrives as a different color say “ you looked at the picture “ ??

Out of curiosity (not against you or GymRatz) was it the wrong color or shaded slightly different from brochures/advertisements? If you ordered FDE and it arrived as OD or black, you totally have reason to complain. Conversely, if you ordered FDE and it was a shade darker than what was shown in their literature, I dunno, as they ordered what you asked for and your beef should be with the manufacturer, not the dealer.

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    You gonna rehash this again?

Nope. But if you can't take me seriously, and that incident wouldn't have bothered you, then I don't know what to say. I'm not out to make this all against them, but I've had my worst experience with them. Come to think of it, I guess most of my issues with stores comes down to when they need to order something. Had a few issues with a store in Waldorf too. When a store has something in stock, it usually goes well.

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    Out of curiosity (not against you or GymRatz) was it the wrong color or shaded slightly different from brochures/advertisements? If you ordered FDE and it arrived as OD or black, you totally have reason to complain. Conversely, if you ordered FDE and it was a shade darker than what was shown in their literature, I dunno, as they ordered what you asked for and your beef should be with the manufacturer, not the dealer.

The color that arrived in the store, was not what was supposedly ordered. Though it was a few shades off, there's names for the different shades, and the shade I was told, did not arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom