• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    With Libby Dems pointing at the UK as a model for how they want things done here relative to tools that could be used as weapons, if they have their way, we wont be able to carry unregistered swiss army knives or nail files outside the home before long because someone mighta coulda gotta booboo on their li'l fingie and cost the gubmint a bandaid benefit.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    There was a huge push back on carrying knives after 911. It hasn’t lightened up at all.

A lot of folks see a knife on your hip and think redneck.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    The more scary and illegal a knife is, the more I want it! That's why I have so many knuckle knives, switchblades, butterfly knives, etc., etc.
    If they legalize everything then they might lose value similar to machine guns. Proud to say I have knives on me and near me at all times and will until the day I die.:D

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Follow knife rights, and our very own Wolfwood(HI balisong case). It's far from hopeless, a lot of rights have been regained recently. Just like 2A firearm infringements, 2A knife infringements have been piling up for decades, and it will take a long time, a lot of wins in court, and maintaining legislative momentum to undo them.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    I really like Morakniv. That said, I carry a SlideWinder utility knife everyday. Very useful.

Don't mention to any legislator how much damage could be done with a screwdriver. Home Depot and Lowes sell more potential dangerous weapons than any gun or knife stores.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Follow knife rights, and our very own Wolfwood(HI balisong case). It's far from hopeless, a lot of rights have been regained recently. Just like 2A firearm infringements, 2A knife infringements have been piling up for decades, and it will take a long time, a lot of wins in court, and maintaining legislative momentum to undo them.

I could tell you a great story from many years ago about inadvertently being charged with carrying a “dangerous” knife, and how much it cost to beat it.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    I really like Morakniv. That said, I carry a SlideWinder utility knife everyday. Very useful.

Don't mention to any legislator how much damage could be done with a screwdriver. Home Depot and Lowes sell more potential dangerous weapons than any gun or knife stores.

I have an old school wooden handle mora
    My favorite knive is definitely
    https://borealventures.com/product/mora-classic-no-1-carbon-steel/
    light and sharp as can be!

I like that scandi grind so much I got the Garberg.
    https://www.amazon.com/Morakniv-Garberg-Fixed-Carbon-4-3-Inch/dp/B07B8ZCJQQ
    It's a little thick and heavier, but great for it's purpose of being a full tang etc..

Definitely my favorite knives.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    I have an old school wooden handle mora
    My favorite knive is definitely
    https://borealventures.com/product/mora-classic-no-1-carbon-steel/
    light and sharp as can be!

I like that scandi grind so much I got the Garberg.
    https://www.amazon.com/Morakniv-Garberg-Fixed-Carbon-4-3-Inch/dp/B07B8ZCJQQ
    It's a little thick and heavier, but great for it's purpose of being a full tang etc..

Definitely my favorite knives.

I have a Companion, but just picked up a Robust for less than $13. Now I am torn on what to buy everyone in the family for Christmas. They are all getting a Mora Robust or a RATS https://www.rapidtq.com/collections/tourniquets/products/r-a-t-s-tourniquet

I know the knife would get used more often, but having a TQ when needed may just be the best gift I could give them. I'm still waiting for the Home Defib machines to come down a bit before every household in the family gets one. :D

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    One of my favorites...
    DA9F09FA-82F7-4984-A28F-39E76BF2F269.jpg

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    I have a Companion, but just picked up a Robust for less than $13. Now I am torn on what to buy everyone in the family for Christmas. They are all getting a Mora Robust or a RATS https://www.rapidtq.com/collections/tourniquets/products/r-a-t-s-tourniquet

I know the knife would get used more often, but having a TQ when needed may just be the best gift I could give them. I'm still waiting for the Home Defib machines to come down a bit before every household in the family gets one. :D

I really like that mora robust!

Sidenote. I was at Janes Island this past weekend. Rented a cabin. We had a fire. My friend got some branches to sharpen to make marshmallow sticks for the kids. He asked me if he could use my knife. Gave him the red handled mora. He sharpened them up and was very impressed with the cheap little knife and commented on how darn sharp that blade was. I told him about the scandi grind and showed him. He was impressed. That is for sure my favorite grind for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom