• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kool361

Apr 16, 2020
    Damascus
    So I came across this site the other day that some really great prices on all things guns. DVOR.com

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I just received a package from my postman from Optics Planet. It has Dvor on the side of the package. AFTER I ordered from OP, I was told that they will show whatever as In Stock... but when you pay for it and get your shipping notice, it's suddenly on backorder... it's anyone's guess when you will receive it. My shipping notice said "will ship in 11-23 days". Yeah... I was pissed... I'm done with OP... that's underhanded shit.
    /rant

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I can’t vouch for the validity of the ratings, but DVOR looks like they advertise what they don’t have, take your money and don’t deliver.
    https://www.resellerratings.com/store/Dvor
    They absolutely do this. Always. DVOR is even worse. I had 4 separate orders completely fall thru with DVOR, Optics Planet pulled this crap with me a few times, and while I was waiting for the items to return to stock (that were in stock when I clicked “add to cart”), they’d have the nerve to send me an email solicitation of “items I may like” - the exact same item I was trying to buy when they scammed me in the first place. Bunch of f**king crooks, they can both pound sand. F**k Optics Planet, F**K them sideways.

vetogunban

Apr 30, 2013
    Brooklyn Park
    I have order a few things from them. last was a Spikes upper. They are slow when it comes to shipping and their prices are often not that good, particularly when you add the $9.95 shipping. Definitely shop around beforehand. They do not charge your credit card until they are preparing to ship the item(s) so you can go back and cancel an order without much hassle, which I have done several times. They are part of the Optics Planet family so beware of pricing and availability. Not my first choice for purchasing but I do look through their specials.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I just received a package from my postman from Optics Planet. It has Dvor on the side of the package. AFTER I ordered from OP, I was told that they will show whatever as In Stock... but when you pay for it and get your shipping notice, it's suddenly on backorder... it's anyone's guess when you will receive it. My shipping notice said "will ship in 11-23 days". Yeah... I was pissed... I'm done with OP... that's underhanded shit.
    /rant

From experience, the way it usually works if it's not in their warehouse is:

"when you pay for it and get your shipping notice, it's suddenly on backorder" = it's in a container coming from China.

"will ship in 11-23 days" = we know which container it's in.

That said, they are OK for what they have in the warehouse. You just have to understand the way the game is played.

Taco

Jan 23, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Yup. They are a part of Optics Planet and they have been known to do that. Not with all orders, but it does happen. You can find some good deals there though. YMMV.

Yup, it's a mixed bag with Optics Planet and DVOR. Sometimes they get some crazy deals but often they won't ship for weeks/months or they'll randomly cancel your order. I've had one success and several failures with them. Not worth the hassle if you need the item quickly.

kool361

Apr 16, 2020
    Damascus
    Sorry to hear folks have had some bad experiences. So far I have had none and have ordered a few things delivered in a timely manner.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The secret to both Dvor and OpticsPlanet is to never order anything that's not shipping within 1-3 days. I've never had bad experiences doing that, except for one time when I think their inventory system failed them on a super hot item.

Most of Dvor's prices are not exceptional, but there are times when you catch some pretty smoking deals on discontinued items. I got a Hiperfire Hipertouch Competition trigger for well under street from them once, and they've had some pretty smoking deals on discontinued Sig scopes once in a while.

rog951

Mar 6, 2018
    Not far from Frederick
    Friggin Optics Planet. Placed an order almost two weeks ago now - all items in stock. Still waiting for them to ship. They did send one "sorry we're taking so long" email so thanks for that at least. I'm in no rush for these items but I might've been. Anyone know if it's just covid-related staffing issues or if they're actively overselling their stock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom