Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Rifles

Notices


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 14th, 2017, 01:41 PM #111
scout6's Avatar
scout6 scout6 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Ceciltucky
Posts: 134
Images: 1
scout6 scout6 is offline
Member
scout6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Ceciltucky
Posts: 134
Images: 1
Might as well share mine. Basic DPMS Oracle .308 base. Bit on the heavy side, but haven't had any problems with it.

Geissele SSA-E trigger
PA 3x Magnifier Gen IV w/ flip to the side mounts
Holosun HG503g-ACSS Red Dot
MI fold down BUIS
Attached Images
 
scout6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2017, 08:54 PM #112
DaemonAssassin's Avatar
DaemonAssassin DaemonAssassin is offline
Insane in the mainframe
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fredneck County, People's Democratic Republic of the State of Maryland
Posts: 19,108
Images: 4
DaemonAssassin DaemonAssassin is offline
Insane in the mainframe
DaemonAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fredneck County, People's Democratic Republic of the State of Maryland
Posts: 19,108
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by THier View Post
Opinion on RRA AR10? I haven't had any problems, but don't shoot it a lot.
I love my RRA LAR-8 Mid-length A4. Except for the fact that it uses FN FAL mags.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by armed ferret View Post
If ignorance is bliss, some folks are just plain orgasmic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoostation View Post
Like cherry blossoms in spring

Ban hammer falls and makes all better
Member of the 1st Universal Church of St. John Moses Browning, Reformed (M1911A1)

SOTAR FTW!

Admitted H&K fan boy
NRA-Life
MDC

DaemonAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2017, 09:54 PM #113
ajviera's Avatar
ajviera ajviera is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Avenue, MD
Posts: 185
ajviera ajviera is offline
Member
ajviera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Avenue, MD
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunnyRet View Post
DT MDR 308

TAVOR 7 (Sometime in the Future).

DRD Paratus.

So glad we moved to WV...
Love my Paratus
Attached Images
 
ajviera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2017, 10:12 PM #114
AlBeight AlBeight is offline
Heh Heh - "Member"
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Carroll County, MD
Posts: 442
AlBeight AlBeight is offline
Heh Heh - "Member"
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Carroll County, MD
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajviera View Post
Love my Paratus
That be pretty and stuff. Is that a SCAR after market stock?
AlBeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2017, 10:16 PM #115
thumbert thumbert is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: SOMD
Posts: 142
thumbert thumbert is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: SOMD
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlBeight View Post
That be pretty and stuff. Is that a SCAR after market stock?
It’s a Magpul Masada stock/Bushmaster ACR. Lots of companies make adapter plates for certain firearms
thumbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2017, 10:46 PM #116
AlBeight AlBeight is offline
Heh Heh - "Member"
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Carroll County, MD
Posts: 442
AlBeight AlBeight is offline
Heh Heh - "Member"
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Carroll County, MD
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbert View Post
It’s a Magpul Masada stock/Bushmaster ACR. Lots of companies make adapter plates for certain firearms
Hmmm, ideas for that stock...

I digress. Can I rewind this thread temporarily? By what criteria are we defining a “battle rifle”? I’m envisioning (albeit probably narrowly) a mobile, free-hand shooter that would be handy in home defense, 2 or 3-gun running & gunning, basically a relatively lightweight shooter that would be equally at home in...well, battle. Basically I’m envisioning an AR-15 5.56/.223 platform / weight combo.

My admittedly limited AR-.308 experience is that they’re pretty heavy and though I’ve never been in combat or in a gunfight of any kind, I can’t imagine spending any kind of extended time behind the trigger if not on a bench or rest of some kind. Case in point, I just setup a DPMS SASS, damn nice rifle, may even have become my favorite in a very short time, but damn is that thing heavy. I still couldn’t see myself running thru a village jumping walls and ditches, or running a stage on a course carrying a 15 lb rifle.

I have been monitoring this thread because I have a handful of 5.56’s, and was debating grabbing a lighter weight AR-10 style for the running and gunning type shooting described above. I too am following the progress and the advice in this thread, and by my narrow definition explained above I really haven’t seen anything that strikes me in particular as a “battle rifle” (M1A’s and Mini-30’s aside that is, because for some reason in my mind they seem to fit my perceived criteria).
AlBeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2017, 12:01 AM #117
smdub's Avatar
smdub smdub is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MoCo
Posts: 2,822
smdub smdub is offline
Senior Member
smdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MoCo
Posts: 2,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlBeight View Post
By what criteria are we defining a “battle rifle”?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_rifle
__________________
NRA & SAF life member, MSI member
smdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2017, 12:32 AM #118
DaemonAssassin's Avatar
DaemonAssassin DaemonAssassin is offline
Insane in the mainframe
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fredneck County, People's Democratic Republic of the State of Maryland
Posts: 19,108
Images: 4
DaemonAssassin DaemonAssassin is offline
Insane in the mainframe
DaemonAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fredneck County, People's Democratic Republic of the State of Maryland
Posts: 19,108
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlBeight View Post
Hmmm, ideas for that stock...

I digress. Can I rewind this thread temporarily? By what criteria are we defining a “battle rifle”? I’m envisioning (albeit probably narrowly) a mobile, free-hand shooter that would be handy in home defense, 2 or 3-gun running & gunning, basically a relatively lightweight shooter that would be equally at home in...well, battle. Basically I’m envisioning an AR-15 5.56/.223 platform / weight combo.

My admittedly limited AR-.308 experience is that they’re pretty heavy and though I’ve never been in combat or in a gunfight of any kind, I can’t imagine spending any kind of extended time behind the trigger if not on a bench or rest of some kind. Case in point, I just setup a DPMS SASS, damn nice rifle, may even have become my favorite in a very short time, but damn is that thing heavy. I still couldn’t see myself running thru a village jumping walls and ditches, or running a stage on a course carrying a 15 lb rifle.

I have been monitoring this thread because I have a handful of 5.56’s, and was debating grabbing a lighter weight AR-10 style for the running and gunning type shooting described above. I too am following the progress and the advice in this thread, and by my narrow definition explained above I really haven’t seen anything that strikes me in particular as a “battle rifle” (M1A’s and Mini-30’s aside that is, because for some reason in my mind they seem to fit my perceived criteria).
You do know that if you are smart with the build, you can assemble an AR10 that is <8.5#, right?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by armed ferret View Post
If ignorance is bliss, some folks are just plain orgasmic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoostation View Post
Like cherry blossoms in spring

Ban hammer falls and makes all better
Member of the 1st Universal Church of St. John Moses Browning, Reformed (M1911A1)

SOTAR FTW!

Admitted H&K fan boy
NRA-Life
MDC

DaemonAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2017, 05:44 AM #119
AlBeight AlBeight is offline
Heh Heh - "Member"
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Carroll County, MD
Posts: 442
AlBeight AlBeight is offline
Heh Heh - "Member"
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Carroll County, MD
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by smdub View Post
Ahh, good call....
AlBeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2017, 05:55 AM #120
AlBeight AlBeight is offline
Heh Heh - "Member"
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Carroll County, MD
Posts: 442
AlBeight AlBeight is offline
Heh Heh - "Member"
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Carroll County, MD
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonAssassin View Post
You do know that if you are smart with the build, you can assemble an AR10 that is <8.5#, right?
Good point. Though I’m not all that inclined to dedicate the time and effort into a build, so many more things I need to do. I’m still not sure that the image that pops into my head when I hear “battle rifle” is congruent with everyone else’s (like I said I think my definition may be a bit narrow), but I am overall digging the suggested rifles throughout this thread regardless.
AlBeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Rifles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2017, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service