• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    I have a Bravo Company BCM4 that I've owned since November 2011 (proof can be obtained through the gun store and a receipt for work I had done on it). It is not located in Maryland at this time and I would like to bring it in. It is specifically mentioned as banned and may not be "purchased, sold or transferred". I am doing none of those activities with this gun.

Can I bring it into Maryland and legally register it?

* Yes, I did a bunch of searches but my mdshooter-fu is weak.

* Yes, I know Maryland sucks and I'm already stuck in Baltimorgue. Let's keep that out of this thread and just answer this simple question.

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    As long as you owned it before 31OCT2013, you can bring it with you. You do need to register it.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    There may have been a need to register it within so many days of establishing residency. Though if you were a resident before 10/1/13 you can likely ignore that. Someone smarter than me can say if this is true or not.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Though if you were a resident before 10/1/13 you can likely ignore that.

The law didn't exist prior to 10/1/13 and it's not retroactive for people who were MD residents as of that date. The ban list applies to new gun sales as of that date moving forward, including affected guns purchased on or after that date by people moving into MD. The wildcard is that banned guns purchased prior to 10/1/13 by people moving into MD need to be registered with MSP.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    By the way OP, the banned guns are modern semi-automatic rifles and shotguns. Nothing more. The words in this thread's title are what you're being programmed to think by people who want to strip your rights away.

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    By the way OP, the banned guns are modern semi-automatic rifles and shotguns. Nothing more. The words in this thread's title are what you're being programmed to think by people who want to strip your rights away.
    Could not have said that better. Don't drink their Koolaid, OP.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    Could not have said that better. Don't drink their Koolaid, OP.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

I know the deal. “Modern Sporting Rifles”, “Civilian Defense Rifle”, etc. No need to lecture. I am using the words off the MSP website, that is all.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I know the deal. “Modern Sporting Rifles”, “Civilian Defense Rifle”, etc. No need to lecture. I am using the words off the MSP website, that is all.

Ooooh, feisty!

Maybe if you had used some of that punctuation in your title? ;)

tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    Ooooh, feisty!

Maybe if you had used some of that punctuation in your title? ;)

NOOOO. It is a scary rifle!! I was using my words to scare the legislature! It has one of those light barrels that lets the gun spontaneously jump up and start shooting!! Using the term "MSR" removes that ability from the gun! SIG made their new P320 grenade and I need to be on par there since I don't have any P320 grenades!!

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan

:thumbsup::thumbsup: And there is NO mandatory registration either.

Can I bring it into Maryland and legally register it?

Any person who wishes to purchase, rent, or transfer a regulated firearm must complete a MSP 77R Application and Affidavit to purchse a regulated firearm. This includes individuals acquiring a regulated firearm through a firearm dealer, secondary sale/private sale, gift, or a person who wishes to voluntarily register a regulated firearm shall complete a Maryland State Police Application and Affidavit to Purchase a Regulated Firearm (MSP 77R).

http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...ision/Firearms/RegulatedFirearmPurchases.aspx

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 10.36.51.jpg
    The new guy is using the correct terminology for his question. He's obviously in to guns, and dislikes md's dumbass infringements on the 2a. No need to speak down to him like some sjw offended at everything.

For the new guy: welcome aboard and hopefully you've checked out maryland shall issue by now on ways to help us md gun owners exert influence on the general assembly.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2013RS/Chapters_noln/CH_427_sb0281e.pdf

tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    Hold on a second.

Boom Boom said: “The wildcard is that banned guns purchased prior to 10/1/13 by people moving into MD need to be registered with MSP.”

pcfixer said: “There is no mandatory registration either.”

I came into the state within the past year. So now I am not sure what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom