• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    He is talking about the slide stop not slide lock.

Since there is no overtravel stop on the trigger, his for some reason when pulling trigger all the way to the rear is lifting the slide stop and locking the slide to the rear.

I just tried duplicating what is in the video and mine doesn't do that at all.

Jano

Jul 11, 2016
    He is talking about the slide stop not slide lock.

Since there is no overtravel stop on the trigger, his for some reason when pulling trigger all the way to the rear is lifting the slide stop and locking the slide to the rear.

I just tried duplicating what is in the video and mine doesn't do that at all.

It was the single spring, it was for under main pin took 1 min to fix. Im a dummy.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Has anyone noticed a difference in grip angles between the 940 and 940c?

Looking at a full-size in relation to the compact -

20170422_201504.jpg

20170422_201326.jpg

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I cant fund G19 uppers from shops, haven't looked at auction sights yet. Any suggestions?

This time last year, maybe even 6 months ago you could find the uppers at a decent price. Now that the 80% lowers are so popular, the uppers have gotten pricey.

There are some in this thread that have lucked up on a deal, but for the most part you're going to have to pay.

lmorrison17

Feb 1, 2008
    if money is an issue Lone wolf has a fair price for slides in my opinion.
    Suarez International is a good option too if your thinking of adding an optic, I'm waiting on one now.

The reason I asked about the angle is that in dry fire practice the compact's sight's seem to present looking high very often.

The angles could be identical and that my significant mods to the full size frame is having this effect.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    FWIW, AIM Surplus is selling police trade in Gen 3 Glock 23s for $349. If you give them a call, they might sell you just the slide, barrel and recoil spring (complete upper). They won't ship the mags to MD, but if you are out of state they might accommodate you.

YMMV

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    if money is an issue Lone wolf has a fair price for slides in my opinion.
    Suarez International is a good option too if your thinking of adding an optic, I'm waiting on one now.

The reason I asked about the angle is that in dry fire practice the compact's sight's seem to present looking high very often.

The angles could be identical and that my significant mods to the full size frame is having this effect.

well I'm gonna need 4 or so slides, so $50 makes a difference over 4 of them

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    FWIW, AIM Surplus is selling police trade in Gen 3 Glock 23s for $349. If you give them a call, they might sell you just the slide, barrel and recoil spring (complete upper). They won't ship the mags to MD, but if you are out of state they might accommodate you.

YMMV

With AIM so anti-Maryland, I don't know if they would do this. It may be worth giving it a shot and see what they say.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    What caliber, and what price range (realistically) would you like to be within?

9mm so G19 upper. Don't believe the gen 4s work in these so gen 3.

$425 or so each is realistic I think? However, one of these needs a threaded barrel, so might make more sense to go with a complete voodoo or something along those lines just for that 1.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Any word on the street about when the "revised" full sized G17 frame is coming out..?? Nothing about it on the Poly80 website so far as I can tell, and I don't follow Facebook or Instagram, and that's where early word of this stuff usually shows up. Thanks.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    9mm so G19 upper. Don't believe the gen 4s work in these so gen 3.

$425 or so each is realistic I think? However, one of these needs a threaded barrel, so might make more sense to go with a complete voodoo or something along those lines just for that 1.

Source I went thru would be within $10 (shipped) of what you're looking for - minus threaded barrel, but he's cleaned out right now on complete take-off slide assemblies.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Source I went thru would be within $10 (shipped) of what you're looking for - minus threaded barrel, but he's cleaned out right now on complete take-off slide assemblies.

That is what I'm finding is that most are getting cleaned out pretty quick. Thanks for looking

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    That is what I'm finding is that most are getting cleaned out pretty quick. Thanks for looking

Get the Gen3 to Gen4 slide adapter from LW, and I can get you the Gen4 MOS 19 slide assembly. :D

It'll be about $30+ more, but he has those in stock right now.

**Sorry, apparently that's a Gen4 to Gen3 slide adapter, which won't work...

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Any word on the street about when the "revised" full sized G17 frame is coming out..?? Nothing about it on the Poly80 website so far as I can tell, and I don't follow Facebook or Instagram, and that's where early word of this stuff usually shows up. Thanks.
    I 'think' it's still a ways off... I hear color options for the compact are a couple months out, other things are in the works too, a 45 frame, perhaps a subcompact frame as well, but I wouldn't hold my breath on either of those just yet.. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom