• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Saw a couple of posts from P80 today, sounded like they were going to introduce some compact frames in colors in a few days (probably textured) and in a week or two they are doing another run of readymods. They said V2 Glock 17 frames in a few months... :thumbsup:

That's awesome news, and certainly deserving of the thumbs up..:D

This is on their website, or is it the facebook page..??

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    That's awesome news, and certainly deserving of the thumbs up..:D

This is on their website, or is it the facebook page..??
    It was actually on their Instagram page if you read some of the comments and replies of recent posts.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    That's welcome news, hopefully they go ahead and revise the G17's.

I was actually contemplating on the feasibility of incorporating a G19 rear rail into a G17 frame I botched last night.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    That's welcome news, hopefully they go ahead and revise the G17's.

I was actually contemplating on the feasibility of incorporating a G19 rear rail into a G17 frame I botched last night.

I contemplated that as well, unfortunately I don't see any feasible way to do it.

If and when they release the revised G17/22 frame I'll just strip the parts out my Version 1 frame and retire it. To be honest, even though I've not had any issues with mine thus far, I have never been too crazy about the plastic rear rails, and after what happened to you they make me kind of nervous frankly.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    I will prob do the same, provided it is a change in the ergonomics. That grip is awful. If it's just putting the rear rails in, I'll just keep the one I got until (if) it breaks

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    I contemplated that as well, unfortunately I don't see any feasible way to do it.

If and when they release the revised G17/22 frame I'll just strip the parts out my Version 1 frame and retire it. To be honest, even though I've not had any issues with mine thus far, I have never been too crazy about the plastic rear rails, and after what happened to you they make me kind of nervous frankly.

Why not just make it in to a .22lr handgun? That's what I am considering doing with mine. AA or TacSol kits aren't that expensive, and shouldn't run the frame that hard.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011

The thought crossed my mind, but I hadn't actually put any energy into that 'experiment' yet - I do enjoy a challenge though... :D

Have to admit, the 31 going runaway on me SHOULD have at least scared me a little - but I actually enjoyed it too much, for the brief time it lasted.

*I'd like to see the grip reduced ever so slightly as well - but that can always be done by the end-user if they decide to not do so.

**I'd really love to see a 20/21 sized frame come out, that'd give me more options to have fun with!!

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    So I did a thing.

Attachments

• IMG_1847.jpg
      IMG_1847.jpg
      107.9 KB · Views: 257

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    This might have been covered but did anyone slightly oversize their drill holes for the pins on the compact? Mine are tight and I have to use a punch and hammer to get them in or out. On the Spectre I remember drilling with a slightly larger drill bit so that I can use the Glock tool to push the pins rather than banging them out, but they are still snug. I'm pretty sure they were metric.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I chose to use the bits they provided, but... A buddy measured a couple of them that he ordered.. the drills are cheap chinese drills, neither drill was exactly the same size and the pins varied by a couple tenths too (.0001"), so I would actually suggest that you measure the pins, measure the drills (one is supposedly 3mm, the other supposedly 4mm) and if there is too much interference, get a drill of the proper size. There is enough stuff holding in the pins that they don't need to be 'tight' in the frame.

Mine, after drilling would slide into the bare frame and it was a pretty close fit. I still needed to tap a couple in after adding in all the other parts involved. I drilled a test hole in a piece of delrin to check the fit before I even drilled the holes in the frame, but I used the provided drill bits.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    I drilled with their bits, installed parts, then used metric reamers and ran it through everything the pins were going through.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Thanks, I have a micrometer and a set of nice bits I'll try that out. My goal is to be able to field strip it with the Vickers insert if I need to.

Update: I measured the pins that came in the kit and they are, small 2.99mm, large 3.99mm. The drill bits are small 2.92mm and large 3.93mm. My "nice" bits weren't that much better coming in at 2.95mm and 3.96mm. Fits a little bit better but still needs some work to be like my OEM G22.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I drilled with their bits, installed parts, then used metric reamers and ran it through everything the pins were going through.
    That's a great method, as you are more assured that the reamers are properly sized.. :thumbsup:

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Did you guys see that the full size polymer80 is on sale today (one day only).

$79.95 shipped

Was thinking about snagging one.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    They have been on sale for a couple of weeks from many vendors, I have seen them as low as $70. I will wait a few months til they upgrade them to a V2 and see what they change. I'm sure it'll have the rear rail section, hopefully an improved grip.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Thanks, I have a micrometer and a set of nice bits I'll try that out. My goal is to be able to field strip it with the Vickers insert if I need to.

Update: I measured the pins that came in the kit and they are, small 2.99mm, large 3.99mm. The drill bits are small 2.92mm and large 3.93mm. My "nice" bits weren't that much better coming in at 2.95mm and 3.96mm. Fits a little bit better but still needs some work to be like my OEM G22.
    Yes, those drills are slightly tight, though the holes may be slightly larger, I'd rather get a couple of quality 3 and 4mm drills, or reamers would be even better. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom