Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    CT does require an elgibility certificate to purchase a handgun

35 bucks

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Welder516, we all tire of the snarkiness but I doubt GTO actually meant “you.” I’d take a friend and advocate like you seven days a week and 5 times on MUMs if I had the chance. You are the real deal - committed - not just some of the noise that unfortunately comes with participating in this forum.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Welder516, we all tire of the snarkiness but I doubt GTO actually meant “you.” I’d take a friend and advocate like you seven days a week and 5 times on MUMs if I had the chance. You are the real deal - committed - not just some of the noise that unfortunately comes with participating in this forum.

Ditto for me... what he said X10.

Rob1035

Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    For comparison, NC (where I'm from) has Pistol Purchase Permits, go to your sheriff's office, fill out a form, they do a background check, about a week later you get up to 5 "coupons" allowing you to buy a pistol, cash and carry. You can then go again, get 5 more, etc. However, if you get a Concealed License (shall issue!), no pistol purchase permits necessary. Show the FFL/dealer your CHL, cash and carry.

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    NC , depending on the County and individual Sheriff ranges from several weeks , to about 10minutes while you wait .

Re : Firearm Supression Act of 2013 -

Martin O' Mally , with the assistance of the usual suspects in MGA.

Long term inspiration- Joe Curran.

And I also interpeted GTO using the context of the general voting public .

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    NC , depending on the County and individual Sheriff ranges from several weeks , to about 10minutes while you wait .

Re : Firearm Supression Act of 2013 -

Martin O' Mally , with the assistance of the usual suspects in MGA.

Long term inspiration- Joe Curran.

And I also interpeted GTO using the context of the general voting public .

Welder,
    I did mean it collectively. I am sorry that I wasn't more clear. We are on the same team. Lets keep the fight where it belongs, getting the truth out! Maryland Laws suck and look to possibly get worse. We have more fights ahead of us. Lets keep slugging away.
    GTOGUNNER

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Welder,
    I did mean it collectively. I am sorry that I wasn't more clear. We are on the same team. Lets keep the fight where it belongs, getting the truth out! Maryland Laws suck and look to possibly get worse. We have more fights ahead of us. Lets keep slugging away.
    GTOGUNNER

Okay i am done with my self imposed ban :lol2::sad20::o

I am sorry for my part in the fiasco , i don't want to be at odds and waste energy being upset at anyone here . We have lots of work to do and the only thing we have is each other ( i know sad :D )

My father always said to my brothers and I . "United we stand divided we fall"

I do wish we would have more people willing to put differences aside and do what is right for us , we need to fight the ones who keep wanting us to give up our rights and guns .

Again sorry i got mad and the way in which i handled things .

armed_economist

Dec 4, 2017
    The HQL process costs no small amount of money to complete, but it doesn't bother me nearly as much as the ban on high capacity magazines and "assault style" rifles.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Okay i am done with my self imposed ban 2::sad20::o

I am sorry for my part in the fiasco , i don't want to be at odds and waste energy being upset at anyone here . We have lots of work to do and the only thing we have is each other ( i know sad :D )

My father always said to my brothers and I . "United we stand divided we fall"

I do wish we would have more people willing to put differences aside and do what is right for us , we need to fight the ones who keep wanting us to give up our rights and guns .

Again sorry i got mad and the way in which i handled things .
    See you tonight brotato chip.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    @ Post #32 ;

I seethe over both , but I would probably put the HQL slightly ahead in evilness . Barrier for the totality vs partial restrictions of a catagory. But it can certainly be debated either way .

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    @ Post #32 ;

I seethe over both , but I would probably put the HQL slightly ahead in evilness . Barrier for the totality vs partial restrictions of a catagory. But it can certainly be debated either way .

As would I.

Arguably in my mind at least, the greatest evil inherent to the HQL is the likelihood of an absolutely false perception developing with the passage of time----that it's somehow supposed to be this way.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Death by a thousand papercuts...

Everything MD has passed has been largely copying other state's laws that have passed Federal scrutiny. And none of it has had an impact on crime. The politicians know it, and we know it, though the general public probably has no clue.

But then none of this has ever REALLY been about preventing gun crime to begin with. It's gun prohibition under the guise of "we did something".

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Death by a thousand papercuts...

Everything MD has passed has been largely copying other state's laws that have passed Federal scrutiny. And none of it has had an impact on crime. The politicians know it, and we know it, though the general public probably has no clue.

But then none of this has ever REALLY been about preventing gun crime to begin with. It's gun prohibition under the guise of "we did something".

This is a great way to explain it and falls in line with what I believe in whole .
    Very well said .

The HQL came from that fool O'Malley and his butt buddy Frosh (current sitting A.G.). The primary purpose was to align O'Malley for a presidential run (we know how that turned out) and a secondary purpose was to line Frosh's pockets. Frosh has a law practice specializing (I've been led to believe) in criminal law, so if he can create more criminals he has the opportunity to have more clients to defend and therefore more money in his pocket(s). It's a simple power play fueled by abject greed on the part of both players.

There is no ban on high capacity magazines in Maryland, only restrictions on transfer and manufacture. Possession is not unlawful. Acquisition OUTSIDE the state is not unlawful. Returning to the state with magazines of greater capacity than 10 rounds is not unlawful. Use of magazines greater than 10 rounds capacity within this state is perfectly legal for all lawful purposes (i.e. personal/home defense, range use, recreational use, formal and informal target practice and competition events, etc.). You (anyone) simply can not manufacture or transfer a magazine of greater capacity than 10 rounds within the physical confines of the state of Maryland.

Jk2013

Apr 26, 2016
    The HQL process costs no small amount of money to complete, but it doesn't bother me nearly as much as the ban on high capacity magazines and "assault style" rifles.

Think this pisses me off more than hql! Hate buying something with a 30 round mag only to have it shipped without. I’m looking into a mpx and mags for those are ridiculously overpriced. Stupid it’s not illegal to have them just can’t have one shipped with the gun I just purchased

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom