• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woody Green

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2018
    I've seen them, mostly 22lr. Is it legal to buy from out of state vendors ?

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    It depends.

If the extended mags result in more than 10 rounds, then the previous answers of "no" are correct.

If, on the other hand, you have a 6-round mag, and get a 2 or3 round extension, that would, or course, be okay. I did this with my Glock43. Got a Taran +2 extender.

So, if the extender results in your having a mag holding 11 rounds or more, not good.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    You don't need to buy "x-tended" magazines... just put a couple of these in the mag and "Shazam"... overnight they all grow into "banana clips" :-)

extenze-reviews-229x300.jpg

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Is it illegal to buy and/or own them, or only if you install them ?

Like the Roni Glock pistol to carbine conversion is legal to buy and own in MD but illegal if you install the pistol since it makes it a sbr

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Ebay prohibits magazines over 10 rounds on their site. They have for years. Not sure what the OP saw but I just looked and couldn't find one. There are "extended" mags on there meaning they have a pinky grip extension, not over 10 rounds.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Ebay prohibits magazines over 10 rounds on their site. They have for years. Not sure what the OP saw but I just looked and couldn't find one. There are "extended" mags on there meaning they have a pinky grip extension, not over 10 rounds.

That has been their policy, but people have been gaming that for a long time. For a while folks were offering 10 rounders "with room to spare" to defeat the algorithms. You can still find larger then 10 round magazines on e-bay... like the WWII M1-carbine magazines sometimes listed as 10 rounders. Of course the dweebs on e-Bay who know nothing about guns don't know that they didn't make 10 rounders during WWII.

Example:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-US-WWI...312773?hash=item2ccd808445:g:DA0AAOSwXEdaWl4W

But, none of that is relevant, since they are still illegal to order/purchase in MD. I sure wouldn't risk buying a magazine that I knew/suspected to be larger than 10 rounds even if it were advertised as 10 rounds.... who wants to be the test case? Not me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom