• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Got this in an e-mail from them. I was quite surprised to find out what they say they sold the most of, in the following order. What do you think?

In actual order of most guns sold for 2011:

1. Mosin-Nagant M91/30 7.62X54R

2. New Ruger LCP .380

3. S&W Sigma SW9VE 9mm Black/Stainless

4. S&W Sigma SW40VE .40SW Black/Stainless

5. Ruger LC9 7+1 9mm Bl 3 dot Adj Sts

6. Bushmaster CAR15 223 16 BSH REDD DOT

7. Hi-Point 34510 45ACP/P 45ACP 9RD POLYMEER

8. Ruger SR9c 9mm Compact Black

9. Taurus 24/7-9SSP17 9MM PRO SS

10. Ruger 22/45 Mark III 22LR 5.5" Blued ADJUSTABLE SIGHTS

11. Ruger SR9c 9mm Compact

12. Rock Island Armory GI M1911A1 Mil Spec .45

13. Mossberg Tactical 22LR Adjustable Stock 25rd Magazine

14. Kahr Arms 7 + 1 Round 9MM w/3.5" Barrel/Polymer/Stainless

15. Taurus M1911 45 Stainless W/Gold Highlights

Enzo_Guy

Jul 13, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I think the Mosin-Nagant is cool, it's nice to see these guns getting the attention they deserve.

I think if we look up "most guns sold back to Bud's" the Sigma might also be at the top. Unless they improved the trigger recently.

I like the Ruger MKIII and RIA being on there, it says that not everyone wants these high-end custom bullseye competition guns. Manufacturers produce low-cost options to get new shooters into the sport or novice shooters into a new platform, it's nice to see that the quality examples are selling and encouraging the manufacturers to continue developing products like them.

If you had asked me to guess the top 10 they sell I would have put the Glock 17/19 in there, I'm a bit surprised there are no Glocks on that list.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    After thinking about it, I suppose Buds doesnt sell as many Glocks because their prices on Glocks are nothing special. Online shoppers of Buds appear to be either searching for inexpensive or the best deal. Notice the M&P is not on there. I have seen that Jet Guns offers much better M&P deals in some calibers, for example.

The Hi-point .45 surprised me. Must be a lot of people buying them for truck guns?

On another note, I wonder how many buy the S&W Sigma and do the Youtube spring removal trick? Not sure I would trust it, but obviously it is being done by many.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    If the Mosin hadn't been number 1, I would have immediately lost faith in the American gun culture.

The Sigma: because reliable is boring! When you buy a Sigma, you know that you'll get to meet exciting people such as gunsmiths, Smith and Wesson complaint hotline operators. and the good folks of your favorite online retailer's returns office! Best of all, the postage to send the gun back is only half the market value of a used Sigma! A bargain! Treat yourself to the experience of a lifetime! Buy a Sigma today!

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    src9 I do not know what it is? I have not read good things about dealing with Buds when buying guns. If it is new and plastic I don;t know much about them . lol . I only own two plastic weapons AR -15 and a glock.

jaywade

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2009
    Leesburg, VA
    it's cheap crap and I'm not surprised at all, I can't count how many times someone walked in the shop and ask if we can complete w/ bud's prices, and 98% percent of the time it's in the shop's favor to just do the transfer....alot of that stuff under $500 bud's will mark up $10 - $20 over what our cost is .... I also can't tell you how many customers we have had that swear they will never buy fron buds again for various reasons....the cheapest price isn't always the most pleasant customer experience ...but to each's own they do serve a purpose in this marketplace I've brought from they twice (and will never do so again btw) and in like so many things the internet has really changed things in this country

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I guess it goes to show the average American gun owner just wants something that goes bang, unlike most people on this board who appreciate a nice firearm, and collect them.
    I am really surprised to see NO Revolvers on the list. I guess everybody wants a little plastic auto. This would explain why S&W is going broke and Ruger's stock is thru the roof though. As for the Mosin, for $109 rifle you can hunt deer with and C&R eligible it's no wonder they sold over 4000 of them.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    I am not at all surprised at the list. I have only bought one item from them (not on the list) and it was a smooth transaction. Not necessarily looking to purchase from them again, but you never know.

The list reminds me of covers of magazines from news stands. Advertise the cheapies and sell the cheapies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom