• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Are you asking about their 350 legend specifically (per your link) or POF generally?

bam-az

Nov 30, 2015
    I've got their 308 piston and 5.56 piston rifles. Both are good to go. Great quality.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Ive played with them. Quality seems excellent and the features like ambi everything (at least. on the one I used) were well done.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I try to keep the POF Revolution (308) in stock. They are a high end rifle that are well worth the higher cost.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    That particular gun in the link, 350 legend DI, I'd avoid a "mid length" gas 16.5" spec in 350L.

I have a 18" mid length and it does not cycle a lot of factory ammo, even with the gas port opened all the way to .125 and reduced weight buffer/spring, and a suppressor. Undergassed. I have heard/read/experienced - with a mid length 350L you get all the problems of an undergassed AR. A 16.5" mid length with less dwell time ... more potential problems.

350L is new so there is still a lot of trial and error. I switched to a carbine length gas barrel, it cycles everything. Really the farthest you want to go with 350L is carbine length gas.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I had a POF 762, it's a match gun out of the box with upgraded everything. I sold only because I had 5 semi 762s and didn't need the POF. I bought it off my old boss who sold it to me cheap. Now I have 2 semi 762s and I'm good. If I was in the market for a .308 battle rifle the POF would be it, or a Larue.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    As far as accuracy, 350L is a straight walled cartridge so don't expect 762 or 556 "match grade" accuracy. consistency in loading the cartridge is as important as the rifle & barrel. factory ammo QC sucks balls during the pandemic, they seem to be happy to pump it out even if it looks like a hipster loaded it in his garage on a single stage. You will get minute of hog or deer for sure, but I doubt thats worth paying a premium for. You get get an equally decent 350L upper with a premium barrel for a lot less.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    As far as accuracy, 350L is a straight walled cartridge so don't expect 762 or 556 "match grade" accuracy. consistency in loading the cartridge is as important as the rifle & barrel. factory ammo QC sucks balls during the pandemic, they seem to be happy to pump it out even if it looks like a hipster loaded it in his garage on a single stage.

They probably out sourced manufacture to China...

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    Have some and they are awesome! An original full POF "predator" AR and a P415. Build quality and fit & finish are absolutely top tier.

My only complaint is that their single stage red box triggers have the slightest "notch feeling" just before the break. It's a great trigger, miles better than mil-spec, but it isn't flawless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom